PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
It has been an interesting year with lots of negatives; funerals, health concerns, and theft, but in the midst of it all I have been well loved by my brothers of the briar. I had my pipes and iPad stolen, one of which was my favorite pipe and I will sorely miss it, but the brothers on here have sent me some new ones. I wanted to post a pic of the goods and pay tribute to these fine forum members. Below you will see a pic of 7 pipes. 2 Nordings, the bags I had signed by Eric at the Briary, a Tinsky panel, a Stanwell Silver series, a GBD bent, a patent era Grabow, and a very neat little horn. Also fnord thoughtfully sent me a lighter and a Nording tamper knowing I lost both of those items too. My heartfelt thanks to Sablebrush52, Condorlover1, sparrowhawk, fnord, Briarblues and the unnamed pipers from the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. The bottom photo is me smoking the Stanwell when Mike was at our club this weekend, he did a great job restoring it and it smokes great. In fact each of the pipes I've smoked so far have been great smokes and I appreciate everything. It raised my spirits and I'll never forget it. No luck tracking down the pipes I lost, but the pain has been greatly diminished because of all the love on here. I had other offers of pipes and words of encouragement from many and I'm so very thankful for all of the support.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here is a pic of me and Eric Nording at the Briary last Saturday. I'm smoking one of the Nordings I got from Sablebrush. It turns out Eric remembered making it himself about 20 years ago. Pretty cool! I smoked the other Nording I got from Sparrowhawk during the slow smoke contest, thought it was fitting.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Sounds like your spirit is lifted. Thanks for sharing all that.
Woodsroad you really crack me up! I could send you an old pot pipe. And I do mean a pot pipe.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
It's amazing how many gracious people or rather "family" members that contributed to your cause. This is the best pipe forum ever and I feel privileged to be a member!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Being amongst such generous souls is inspiring! The world just became a better place.
+1000
I just read your original post and saw that it was only a few pipes and not your whole collection. I do believe Karma is a bitch and they will get theirs 1000fold

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
What a great kindness , kind things got better.

I did not know or had missed your post on this, I would be glad to add to your pipes.

Teddy :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.