PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I mostly go for variety in brands, nations of origin, shapes, etc. etc. On a few occasions, I've bought more than one example of a particular brand and shape. I'm not as devoted as chasing embers with his Sav 904's, so two of anything is a real commitment for me. I have two 404 yachts from Savinelli, one an unfinished Sav darkened from long ago, and one a Rossi Palermo. I have two Stawell bulldog 32s, one in silk brune and one smooth finish. And I have two Peterson B11 bent brandy/volcano, one a Killarney ebony dress pipe, and one a Shannon. I've actually been to Shannon, though I bought the pipe online. Have you doubled up on anything? If so, what? In each case, I just liked the first pipe so well, the second seemed foreordained. I have a number of straight tapered billiards, but they are from various brands -- BC, Chacom, Benton, Tsuge, Jerry Perry, Jobey, Ropp, and others.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My Stanwell 185 smokes so well that I grabbed the same shape again when they had that crazy $20 sale some time ago.
I guess my old 10 pack of MM seconds doesn't count...
jay-roger.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I have 3 Savinelli 315 pipes, two 315KS spigot sterlings (one bordeaux one natural) as well as one Roma 315EX. That would be the most of any specific model of shape I own. Excellent smokers.
savinelli-spigot-600x303.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
alaska', I have a 315 KS in the Oscar Lucite series, not as handsome as yours with the metal work, but a great shape with a big bowl and light weight over all. Nice.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I recently bough a cheapie Rossi 673 bent bulldog shape, and it's one I'd actually like to get a nicer/higher end version of. Smokes wonderfully, especially for Latakia blends.
A few years ago, I was gifted one of those Stanwell brushed pipes in the 45 shape, I think. a Nice, small conservative looking pot. That's another shape I'd be happy to have more of.
But mostly, I see myself as wanting a variety.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Savinelli 614. Roma Lucite and Otello smooth with fantastic cross grain. These are the only duplicates I have of my total of 36 pipes.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Somehow, I wound up with 2 Castello 15's (both with saddle stems). One has a holographic swirl on the stem and the stain is a bit lighter. Other than that, they are as bad close as 2 hand-mades can get.
I'm not sure but, I think alcohol may have had something to do with those gets.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have a low end GBD quarter bent squat bulldog (549) New Era that smokes so well, and is so comfortable, that I bought the same shape in yet even lower grades (Popular and Natural); and they smoke equally well. I also bought the Savinelli 623 (Pisa) which is very similar, and smokes as well.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I have 2 identical Ruthenbergs, first one smoked so good, that down the road another came into the estate market at SP, was priced so good I couldn’t help myself.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Paging @npod - I think he might have 2 or 3 of the same Castellos
hahaha, I had the same thought. He has like 44 44s :lol:
And of course the captain, who has enough savinelli yachtsmen to man an armada.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
alaska', I have a 315 KS in the Oscar Lucite series, not as handsome as yours with the metal work, but a great shape with a big bowl and light weight over all. Nice.
Yeah, I absolutely love this shape. So much so I am considering commissioning one with a longer stem and some straight grain. The one shown is dedicated to SPC Plum Pudding Reserve, and it smokes like an absolute dream.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Technically, most of my Dunnies are duplicates since I buy the same pipe in different finishes. The ones I have actual duplicates of are a few 6103 Shells and some billiard Upshalls.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
And of course the captain, who has enough savinelli yachtsmen to man an armada.
Before I quit buying altogether, my target was thirty-one. I think I have twenty-six.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I have two, one newly aquired, GBD 549's, same as Cortez. One is a Celebrity and the one is a Granitan I traded with a forum member. Haven't smoked that one yet but hoping to give it an inagural this weekend!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Well, there are my bookoodles of bent bulldogs, of course, but on actual exact duplicates, I've got 4 GBD 508s (classic half-bent billiard), one Virgin & the rest a couple of New Standards & a New Era. A couple of Comoy Canadians (both old Pebble Grain, natch), & of course like geo, my 3 dearly beloved Sav 614 jawhangers. They're almost like not even having a pipe in my teeth at all. One a Tre, an Oscar, & a Roma (all rusticateds; I really like that finish.).
I don't *think* there are any others I have that are all exactly the same shapes, but there might be, God knows I don't keep up with all of mine!
Bill

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Peterson army mounts. A few different shapes and a couple sandblast finishes but definitely some duplicates in there. I think I have 9 total.

Status
Not open for further replies.