PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDJ1967

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Central Florida, USA
Hello. Did the paper edition of Pipes stopped being made? I can't see hard copies available for sale so I was assuming it's online-only now.

Edit: Corrected the title.

Last edited by a moderator:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just to clarify, are we talking about Pipes and Tobaccos which went out of business several years ago? Unless there is something I've missed, online Pipes Magazine has never been a print publication. If I'm wrong, someone please sort this out for us. Pipes and Tobaccos was a beautiful slick magazine with wonderful photos and professionally written articles, and I always wondered who was sponsoring it, because I didn't see a business model that would make such a publication profitable.

SDJ1967

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Central Florida, USA
Just to clarify, are we talking about Pipes and Tobaccos which went out of business several years ago? Unless there is something I've missed, online Pipes Magazine has never been a print publication. If I'm wrong, someone please sort this out for us. Pipes and Tobaccos was a beautiful slick magazine with wonderful photos and professionally written articles, and I always wondered who was sponsoring it, because I didn't see a business model that would make such a publication profitable.

You are correct. It was Pipes and Tobaccos.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Quite a gift. How much did it cost Mr. Matlick a year in salaries, supplies and rent? Hundreds of thousands, I would think

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Quite a gift. How much did it cost Mr. Matlick a year in salaries, supplies and rent? Hundreds of thousands, I would think
Since he was already publishing other magazines, perhaps not as much as you think. I would bet, for example, that not one member of that staff was full time for just P&T. The business staff all probably worked on his other publications as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.