Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is where we can share art that has pipes and/or tobacco in it.
For reference, the original thread is here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipes-in-art
I had to close it so it will fall off and stop breaking the layout.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
If you don't want me posting everyday or compiling the largest collection of pipe art on the web I'll be happy to stop. They'll look just as good as a screen saver on my computer. The sharing was for the forum members. I'm sorry if I failed at that.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Thanks for the support guys. I'm glad the collection brings you some pleasure. My stupid a** doesn't really understand the reasoning behind the closure. I truly respect the time, effort and money that Kevin puts into this site and I owe a ton of gratitude to what it has added to my life at a time I really, really needed it. I don't want to screw up his vision for the site. I've posted twice a day, every day, for almost two years now and have no idea if this is too much, too little, or even if the person who runs the site wants it there at all. It has taken a lot of time and work but has been extremely enjoyable, not just the pipe art but all the art I go through to get the pipe ones. I'm not yet tired of the pipe art or cats art or horses art or landscapes or naked women (I'll don't think I'll ever get tired of those).

I'll make my regular post today but I know it's not my site and need to know what Kevin really wants before I can continue past today.
Hans August Lassen (1857-1938) – men playing cards

H2078-L90906300.jpg

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Ed, I'm pretty sure that if a single thread gets to be a certain size it starts negatively affecting how the overall site performs. When I was involved in the Box Pass Threads a while back they would periodically close the old 20-something page thread and open a new thread for us to continue on. That appears to be the case here. That Kevin would start the continuation thread for you makes me believe that he supports what you are doing. I for one appreciate the collection that you've amassed. Keep up the good work!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I read Kevin's action purely as admin. needing to keep all threads within a certain size (measured in Megabytes, not sheer number of posts.)
I, for one among many, truly appreciate your fabulous contribution of pipes in art. Is this a totally manual search, or can you get help from Google image search?

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Thanks, everybody. I'm back posting and am glad you enjoy the thread.
jpmcwjr - Google image searches stopped in the first few pages. After that I have visited many museums around the world online and mostly now I mine auction house catalogs. I would really like to see some art work with pipes of some of our forum members who are professional artists. I don't want to call any out but you know who you are. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.