PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Hey Gents, I have listed some items on Briar Bid if you'd like to check them out. Tampers,two pipes I made and a few estates.
http://www.briarbid.com/100304,auction_id,auction_details

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Well,it looks as if Briar Bid is having some technical difficulties. Half of my listings have disappeared as well as some of the bids on those items still showing up. I assume this is related to the storm out east.I hope my listings come back.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea my listing was closed as well. I sent a message using the contact us link and also started a thread on the selling forum about it. I received an email when it closed saying it closed due to server restart. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Yes, some screwy stuff at the moment. I'm going to wait until tomorrow and hope it sorts itself out. I had a look at your auctions earlier today, you have some great stuff listed !

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Greg said they had a major hiccup on the server. Gave me a voucher code to waive the relisting fees

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Greg said they had a major hiccup on the server. Gave me a voucher code to waive the relisting fees
So we have to relist all of our missing listings? I hope not! With my internet service it is a rather slow process with the way things are set up now. I wonder if they have a back up to their server?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
That's too bad, but with a new site there will probably be bugs to work out.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea I had to relist but had to use the sell similar option so that it would allow me to enter the voucher code in page one of the listing setup. I didn't see anywhere to enter the voucher code on the relist option. Not sure if I missed it or it just was not available to enter the voucher code on a relist.
Also they had to go back the the Sunday backup on the server restart so I'm pretty sure you will have to relist the items.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Also they had to go back the the Sunday backup on the server restart so I'm pretty sure you will have to relist the items.

Well ****##$ #***@ @###&&* ! Think I will wait till tomorrow evening. I suppose we have to contact them in order to get a voucher for the lost listings?

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I'm sure Kevin and GLP will make good on those that were lost.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yes, just contact them with the auction numbers and they will voucher them. When you see your closed auctions just click the sell similar button and it will bring up exactly what you had in your listing. Paste the voucher code in at the bottom of page one and keep clicking next until it you get to the last page and the list item button. It should be fairly painless since you don't need to recreate the auctions from scratch.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I'm ashamed for nitpicking, when so many people have lost lives and property in this storm, but I really wanted that Cromwell!! :crying:
Still, I have no doubt all will be made right.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, just contact them with the auction numbers and they will voucher them. When you see your closed auctions just click the sell similar button and it will bring up exactly what you had in your listing. Paste the voucher code in at the bottom of page one and keep clicking next until it you get to the last page and the list item button. It should be fairly painless since you don't need to recreate the auctions from scratch.
Where did you find the number of your lost item? I've searched everywhere and can find no record of mine. I've saved my listing confirmation emails,but the auction number is not shown in them and the link provided in those confirmations does not work--takes me to another persons listing.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
EJames - I am doing the same for you that I did for Shaintiques - you can put all your stuff back without being charged again, and you will have a credit for additional freebies.
Lonestar - let me know if any of your stuff was lost, please.
Copy / Paste from another thread -
Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the trouble and will make it up to you.
We had a database corruption that caused things to go whacky, and had to restore back-ups from Sunday.
Greg and I have both spent most of the day trying to piece back the data from one version of the database to another hoping to save all the data, but have not been successful. We both worked all night last night and all day today trying to make it so no one would have to re-enter auctions - to no avail.
We have put steps in place so this doesn't happen again. And just in case it does, we are going to run the back-ups more frequently - every hour instead of every 12-hours. (Things started to go wrong on Monday, and Tuesday is when things really broke, which is why we had to roll back to Sunday.)
Shaintiques - Here's what I've done for you:
1. Voucher - I made a voucher for you so you can put your auctions back and not be charged any fees. (I emailed you the code this morning. Did you get it?) I'll put it in a PM too.
2. Extra Credit - To make up for your lost time, I am also giving you an extra credit on your account so you can list a few more auctions for free.
3. Billing Account - You are now on "Account Billing" so you don't have to go to Pay Pal and pay for each listing one at a time. Once you get up to $25, then you have to make a payment. That should save a lot of time.
Again, I apologize for the technical issues, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Kevin. What you have done is appreciated. I do wish though that someone had taken the time earlier to post something over on the Briar Bid forum. Setting totally in the dark is not very enjoyable.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Where did you find the number of your lost item?
If you click members area, under the selling column, there is a link called closed auctions. You will find them all there. I know it must be frustrating since you had just listed them. Sorry Ed.
On the other hand, good show Kevin! My hat is off to you sir and Mr. Pease for making it right to the guys that had multiple items listed. :clap:
It is so cool to get an email from GLP although not under ideal circumstances. I may have to pack a bowl of Quiet Nights or finally crack open a tin of Sextant that I have been anticipating with delayed gratification. I never thought I would ever be in contact with one of my favorite blenders. It's a good feeling. You guys are doing a great job. There will be a few bumps starting out but you all are handling it very well.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If you click members area, under the selling column, there is a link called closed auctions. You will find them all there. I know it must be frustrating since you had just listed them.
I did look there but the only thing showing up was a tamper that I had sold. Thanks for trying to help me though!!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I did look there but the only thing showing up was a tamper that I had sold. Thanks for trying to help me though!!
Sorry Ed. That is where mine was. Good luck buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.