PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
I got an email from P&C stating they had a sale on some tobaccos. When I checked the Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic 1.4 ounce pouch, it said msrp $8.09 on sale for $5.94, $5.35 a pouch if you buy three or more. I went to my account on P&C and in my 'saved' section, the SWRA pouches were $5.35 a piece. I guess it's not really a 'sale'.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
P&C sends out so many emails that unless I'm in the market for stocking up, I don't even pay attention to most of them. I have noticed that they have a lot of product that is always on sale. I think they just like to poke you once in a while to get you to their store.

Reactions: anotherbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I size up sales from retailers with an analytical eye. If I want something, I go ahead and hope it is a savings, but I don't assume it's some sort of life opportunity. I'm glad these places stay in business, and I don't downgrade them at all for keeping the revenue stream flowing. I buy stuff, but I also support the cause.

Reactions: leonidas

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
The "Wish List" of saved items pulls up the current prices from their database when it displays. If there's been a price change, sometimes it displays an amount it changed by.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I got an email from P&C stating they had a sale on some tobaccos. When I checked the Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic 1.4 ounce pouch, it said msrp $8.09 on sale for $5.94, $5.35 a pouch if you buy three or more. I went to my account on P&C and in my 'saved' section, the SWRA pouches were $5.35 a piece. I guess it's not really a 'sale'.
You're not the only one who's noticed "irregularities" with P&C's quoted "sales" prices. When an online dealer declares a sale I check prices at other online sights for comparison. Funny how some "sale" prices resemble normal retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.