PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
I can understand the need to have at least 2 pipes.. one for aromatics and another for non-aromatics. However, would it be wise to have a pipe for liqueur blends, one for Vaper blends, another for strictly isolated blend like virginias or periques, etc.. ?

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
The actual answer lies in your heart and abilities.
This. ^^^^ There are people that use all the strategies above with success. The most widely used strategy is a little looser: 1 set of pipes for aros, 1 for Latakia, and 1 for other unflavored tobaccos. Some things like Lakeland will usually have dedicated pipes. Others might have sub genres like VaPer or Orientals. Some people dedicate a pipe to a specific blend when they find one that warrants it. This can be spectacular as the flavor of that blend can really shine. Try some things and see what works for you.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
I do keep a set of pipes separate for Virginia tobaccos. VAPERs get smoked in those as well. Latakia ghosts overwhelm VA nuances.

Reactions: ofafeather

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I was kidding, I actually have several pipes. I once smoked some Frosty Mint in a BC when I was down in Texas and it ghosted my entire collection, even those that were at home in Alaska. So, I had to buy a few more...

However, I’ve only recently started considering dedicating certain blends to certain pipes. In fact, that’s the basis of my new Savinelli 316 hunt.