PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
This is the same pipe I tortured previously with a 12 hour soak. In case anyone wonders what kind of pipe it is, it's a commissioned Eric Paulson Sandblasted Large Billiard with Saddle Stem. I have two of them that are identical in weight and dimensions.
When I pulled it from the 12 hour bath it weighed 40 grams. For this round I let it soak for 24 hours and the weight ended up being 42 grams.
The Vortex Torture is simple. I'm now taking this "water logged" pipe and placing it with water in the freezer. I'm letting it freeze for at least a day, maybe more and then I'll figure out where to go from there.
I want to state that I really like this pipe. It's not disdain for a bad pipe that is driving this. It's true curiosity. I'll update this thread after the pipe is pulled from the freezer. and the ice is either chipped away or I just let it thaw. Not sure how which direction I'm going to go. After that, I'll dry it and if it works out, I'm going to smoke it and back in rotation it goes.
So here we go.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I bet Ash was the kid who tore open Tickle Me Elmo just to see how it worked instead of enjoying the wonder that was Elmo!
That sort of thing tends to escalate in adulthood.
We all know only Ash could have posted this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08nUOn1HAqE

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Brian, by profession I'm a fire investigator and one of the ways to see what stuff looks like in a fire scene is to burn it. I burn all kinds of stuff. I even blow stuff up because I'm also an explosion investigator. I also watch "How Its Made" to see what sub components look like.

Reactions: Peter - CCB

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
As an example.......what do you see?
[url='http://i.imgur.com/Z5hOTMZ' t=_self]
Z5hOTMZ.jpg'
[/url]

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
As an example.......what do you see?
Elmo's revenge? :lol:
Or...what could easily have happened to my parents' house considering how I loved to play with matches as a kid.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Make that was a backyard appliance repair shop. That was one efficient blaze.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Swamp cooler atop the house indicates a low humidity climate.
Did someone make an insurance claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.