PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Does any one else miss watching hours of Pipe smoking videos on YouTube. As little a 2 years ago the where lots of channels now it's hard to find a video made this year. It saddens me to think what society has done to smoking culture. Maybe pipe smoking will have the same revival that cigar smoking has. One can hope.

Reactions: bluegrasspipe

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Does any one else miss watching hours of Pipe smoking videos on YouTube. As little a 2 years ago the where lots of channels now it's hard to find a video made this year. It saddens me to think what society has done to smoking culture. Maybe pipe smoking will have the same revival that cigar smoking has. One can hope.
I've got a few tutorials on there, but never cared for watching someone else smoke. YouTube's guidelines frown on tobacco use and I myself have had a couple of videos deleted. It is what it is, and tobacco use is on the decline.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@philobeddoe I used to watch those two guys. I get the feeling that if your video was about your new bong or a 'culturally appropriate' THC delivery system that was sponsored by the Jeffrey Epstein School of Adolescent Gynecology then you would be fine and You-Lube would welcome you with open arms. Light up a pipe outside of a Sherlock Holmes film and you are dead meat!

Yehhhh, you'd have to force me with restraints and violence to make me watch hours of some stranger just smoking and rambling about pipes. However, I do wonder if they are really deleting these videos, because I can find hundreds of videos that break federal laws by showing people how to distill spirits. And most will even tell you that "this is illegal."

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Muttonchop passed away a few months ago, I think.

View attachment 39153
This is not true. He commented on one of his videos two weeks ago: "personally I am fine, but I have had a lot of family issues that have taken up all my time, my sister got Covid, and my mom has been in and out of the hospital, my sister is recovering slowly. With work and taking care of my family I just can’t make videos, I’m sorry"

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
But Yes, rumors are that YT administration have started considering on total banning anything that is smoking related ,be it cigars or pipes,just yesterday I got one of my pipe sale ads deleted here locally,supposedly because site mods were considering it wasn't appropriate item and thus not eligible for listing

• Wow
Reactions: bluegrasspipe

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yehhhh, you'd have to force me with restraints and violence to make me watch hours of some stranger just smoking and rambling about pipes. However, I do wonder if they are really deleting these videos, because I can find hundreds of videos that break federal laws by showing people how to distill spirits. And most will even tell you that "this is illegal."
One substance at a time, my man. First let's get rid of tobacco, then we'll have the 2nd Prohibition.

Another reason why videos on how to make illegal things might not be being deleted is because YT keeps tabs on who watches them and comments on them. Hell of a way for taking names of those whose doors will eventually be knocked on (or burst through) by the regulators.

Personally, once I learned the ropes about pipe smoking I stopped watching pipe-related videos. There are so many other things to watch that are more interesting and useful.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"There are so many other things to watch that are more interesting and useful."

Quite, let's hope the OP reads that. I've been watching episodes of Jay Leno's Garage lately, very entertaining. Today I saw his Brough Superior collection and his Triumph Bonneville, sure beats the hell out of watching a guy forever relighting his pipe while he dribbles a load of nonsense ?

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.