PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That's where I was smoking the other day! A trip to the country, car parked facing the sun, and sitting in the "trunk" (it's a SUV, so no proper "trunk") for shade and shelter from wind. :col:
I see...that adds another layer of complexity. I thought maybe if you had an actual trunk you could get away with drinking in there.

• Haha
Reactions: olkofri

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
I like to smoke while drinking alcohol and also without.

I’ve definitely found certain drinks that go well with certain blends - stout/Porter with Rich Dark Flake is great, bourbon with straight VAs, peaty whisky with English blends, IPA with fruity aromatics and the most bizarre I’ve found is Irn-BRU with Ennerdale. ?

Reactions: JOHN72
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
According to some of the summaries of studies in the 60’s, I think described in an American Surgeon General’s report of some kind, combining pipe tobacco with alcohol regularly did increase incidence of mouth/throat cancers by a large margin. It was speculated there was some evil synergy with the two in creating cancers.

(Pardon my lack of a citation, as I don’t keep references once I’m done looking into a subject.)

Because of this I only rarely partake of both together, but it’s a shame. A lager with Presbyterian, a porter or stout with a codger burley, whisky with Englishes, it’s a great game to play.
Alcohol increases absorption in whatever it's coming in contact with. It's why it's often used for many instances in which you might want to penetrate something more. Dye, carrying flavors into various organic cells, etc.

Reactions: Casual and JOHN72

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Gotta be a nice aged rum if I have a drink with a smoke. And since I dont really smoke many sweet blends that would compliment a sweet drink such as rum, i generally go dry.

Although a Nice espresso with an English tends to be pretty decent.

Reactions: JOHN72

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Alcohol greatly increases my tolerance for nicotine. I have a couple of blends that I count among my favorites that are just too strong for daily consumption. They are great with beer and/or whiskey, so they have become special treats for those times.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: olkofri and JOHN72
Status
Not open for further replies.