PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Amazing how many of the UK ones I remember from my early teens

Just shows you why they ad to ban tobacco ads, you see an advert and suddenly here I am 40 years later and just taken up pipe smoking seriously, dam those marketeers!

edit: oh and someone needs to take the 'Smoking my Pipe' song and turn it into a ringtone or SMS alert ?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have experienced such a person. When me an Dan did the Newark Pipe Show for Standard Tobacco during the days when you could have jars of tobacco for people to sample this chap asked if he could fill his pipe. We naturally said help yourself. This old sod produced a pipe with the bowl size of a steam shovel bucket and made a good two ounces of John Cotton 1&2 mixture vanish from the jar. When he came back for a second wave I think we told him to use a smaller pipe. If Dan chimes in here he has a photograph of this miscreant. rotf

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Good stuff from a less intolerant time.

Oh the irony...considering that we live in a time now when "tolerance" is continually preached...mostly it seems by manifestly intolerant people.

Like so many things these days, tolerance has become a sort of euphemism for an agenda that is essentially the opposite of what it professes to be.

And the more it is shoved down people's throats, the more intolerance and division it creates.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Oh the irony...considering that we live in a time now when "tolerance" is continually preached...mostly it seems by manifestly intolerant people.

Like so many things these days, tolerance has become a sort of euphemism for an agenda that is essentially the opposite of what it professes to be.

And the more it is shoved down people's throats, the more intolerance and division it creates.
rotfcrayrotf cray

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.