PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
While researching yesterday I stumbled upon Ryszard Kulpinski's "Globe Pipe" with pipe support. I'm sure some of you have probably seen this before. It might even be in someone's collection here. Kulpinski in his carving has featured "guilloching ocean waves", has given Cuba an "unusual topographic importance" some think inline with his political leanings, and brings Greece & Turkey into the same subcontinent again inline with his political idealism.
2iut8j8.jpg

2vrsidw.jpg

2r4kiag.jpg

flzf2e.jpg

120p8ww.png

Beautiful work! But where's Atlantis?

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That is cool,even if the geography is a bit off ! Atlantis is 50 miles SE of Morocco.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Thanks ejames.
Last post. And I'll just add it to this one since it didn't go over very well anyway & it's the same general theme.
Here is Tom Eltag's planet pipe named "Saturn". Using Bruyere root to make up the 6 rings of Saturn Eltang has also included the use of gold as some of the debris of the rings, and has used Ivory & silver representing just some of the moons & natural satellites orbiting the planet.
16248w5.jpg

dmtg95.jpg

15xlhg5.jpg

The sandblast details a planet complete with craters, mountains & valleys. In a smooth version the Bruyere truly makes you think of the possibility of continents & oceans on the surface.
2ahi1cy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.