PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I use 6 and 12 pipe racks sourced from eBay, a 12 pipe rack sourced from Etsy and a 48 pipe cabinet with glass door also sourced from Etsy. The Etsy purchases were from the same craftsman and were stained/built per my specifications. They turned out well and were reasonably priced. Pipes that haven't made it to display are kept in their boxes which in turn are stored in plastic totes.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
One approach I've used over the years is a wire tie rack from the Container Store. I place heat shrink tubing on the tines so as not to risk scratching the pipe. I can store 15 pipes on a rack. You could probably stick the rack in an oven to shrink the tubing. Using a heat gun gets monotonous.

K.E. Powell

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Really enjoying the various means people are showing of how they store their pipes. Some of the cabinets and racks displayed are beautiful! Makes me a bit jealous, but I'm willing to share my own methods. I rent, so what space I do have is limited, but I've managed to turn a corner in my room into a lovely little nook for myself and my pipes 'n baccy.

pipes.jpg

pipes2.jpg

As you can all see, I'm partial to pipe carousels in particular, but I employ many methods to store my pipes. In a way, limited space is very beneficial to me, because if I had a large home, I think my PAD/TAD would get much worse!

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
There are as many different ways to store as there are pipe smokers. I like mine on racks. It allows good air circulation for drying and it allows me to look over the group to pick out my next pipe to smoke. Down side is it can cause a smell that some don’t like.
I store mine on a rack in the bedroom. My wife hasn’t complained so far. Hopefully I’m lucky.

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
The pipes I am smoking 'in rotation' as it were, i usually keep in an old camera bag that also holds some tobacco, pipe cleaners, lighter, a cigar or two, etc. Can grab it and head out to porch or on the road.. For the round carousel, the dome is great for keeping dust off the stems. Current out of the way place for these is in the basement.
View attachment 183695
I love that pipe rack! Never seen anything like it with the dome. Vintage I assume?

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
I was given this cabinet from my father in laws dad. And yes it's as heavy as it looks. But great for my pipes and tobacco.

View attachment 183940View attachment 183941View attachment 183942View attachment 183943View attachment 183944

And the little cabinet was my great grandfather's. My dad kept it for his harmonicas and extra guitar strings and such. Zippo rack was found at an antique store. I'd been searching for a year before I found the perfect display.
View attachment 183945View attachment 183946View attachment 183948
What a fantastic cabinet! I would definitely purchase if I found one like it.