PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
My at home attire is exclusively a hoodie and lounging pants, more or less modeling the Big Lebowski, which my family jokes about. Well, this evening my dog jumped up on me while finishing some overly dry holiday blend causing several embers to escape and land on my favorite loungewear resulting in burn holes?

Anyone else like to share some of their downfalls, accidents, etc., from smoking a pipe?

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Okay, I'll play. I've posted this story in another post, but it will fit here nicely, I think.
My Dad smoked a pipe for years. When I was 5 or 6 years old, he was sitting in his recliner smoking his pipe. I kept bugging him and bugging him to let me try it. He finally gave in, saying "Fine! Here!" and handed me his pipe. Well, being a small child, the only pipe I ever had in my mouth was a bubble pipe, so I took his pipe and did what I had always done. I BLEW through the stem! Hot ash and tobacco went flying everywhere, on his lap, the chair, the floor. Dad yelled and swore, Mom chewed his ass! I just stood there dumbfounded.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
About the worst I’ve done is smoke some fish food. I didn’t wipe my fingers off apparently and packed a flake in there with my tobacco. There was no mistaking what it was once the ember touched it. I’ve also done the same with PB Blaster. That was pretty bad, too. I was stressed out.
I’ve also knocked pipes out of my mouth while setting the hook on fish. Another time I knocked my pipe into the river while netting a steelhead on a steep bank with a long handled net. The mesh was too large to net the pipe (plus it was filled with a thrashing 7lb trout) so I just kinda jammed it into the mud with the rim of the net, released the fish, and slid down to retrieve it. It was absolutely full of mud. I still smoke that pipe daily.
I don’t think I own a briar that hasn’t yet gone for a swim at some point.

deadidunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2020
Hineston, LA
Holes in my favorite Harley shirt, as well as couple more shirts. Dropped one of my Savinelli's that my wife gave me, but only sustained some dents in the briar.

I have distributed a newly open can of snuff due to driving and an uncontrolled sneeze when i was about to take a dip out of it. Truck was covered.