PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Peach shine has always been my favorite. Gotta be careful though, I've heard of dogs getting drunk from folks dumping the fruit off their back deck after finishing a jar. Not a problem if you eat the fruit though.
Who would pass up eating shine soaked fruit?:eek:

Reactions: Apipeinthewoods

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I learned a joke that you hear a lot in meetings rooms and rehabs that I always liked.... "I'm allergic to alcohol. Every time i drink I break out in handcuffs."

What's that stuff taste like, @chasingembers ? Bourbon without the oak and barrel influence? I've always been curious about the stuff.

Reactions: radrick96

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I learned a joke that you hear a lot in meetings rooms and rehabs that I always liked.... "I'm allergic to alcohol. Every time i drink I break out in handcuffs."

What's that stuff taste like, @chasingembers ? Bourbon without the oak and barrel influence? I've always been curious about the stuff.
Smells like sweet corn, tastes like fresh baked bread.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I love moonshine. Ever since I moved to Florida from Oklahoma i cant find any. My professor tried arguing you drink too much it kills you. I said first you would either fall asleep or throw up, not die. Haha moonshine cherries are great too

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I have not had any good shine in years. Around here after a tv show everybody was trying and failing. I had a friend who was from eastern ky and he would bring up some great stuff that was called hand-grenade shine. Almost no smell no burn and tasted a little sweet you didnt feel it til it hit your belly

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I really like leaving fruits like strawberries or peaches in the jars to cure. Nice Summer evening shine drinks.?
I’ve heard of some folks putting strips of the inner bark of oak trees in it and leaving it for some time. Supposedly it gives it some color and a little sweetness. Never tried it myself, just heard tale of the old-timers doing it.
My great grandfather went to the federal pen in New Orleans (now an apartment building) for moonshining during prohibition. He quit making shine, but he still made homemade wine even when I was a kid.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.