PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
I was just thinking about how much I enjoyed a bowl of Escudo in the first half and Best Brown for the second half of the College Football Championship game Monday Night. Thinking about what to smoke for Sunday's NFL Conference Champ Games. Maybe start with Kajun Kake and later sip into some Union Square.

Think I'll smoke a bowl of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake while I decide. :col:

Reactions: Elric and danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
It is a very good combination, as are cigars and football. For the KC-Ten game, how about a bowl of sonething with KY in it? KY is conveniently adjacent to Tennessee. Also, KY is smoked, just like the famous bbq of TN and KC.

For the NFC game, Union Square or any of Pease's Fog City blends would be a good choice. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any tobaccos inspired by the actual location of the game in Santa Clara, though Morning Drive might work because if you visit Santa Clara on a weekday, you'll be doing a lot of damn driving in traffic. If you're a packers guy, maybe a Uhle's blend?

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
It is a very good combination, as are cigars and football. For the KC-Ten game, how about a bowl of sonething with KY in it? KY is conveniently adjacent to Tennessee. Also, KY is smoked, just like the famous bbq of TN and KC.

For the NFC game, Union Square or any of Pease's Fog City blends would be a good choice. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any tobaccos inspired by the actual location of the game in Santa Clara, though Morning Drive might work because if you visit Santa Clara on a weekday, you'll be doing a lot of damn driving in traffic. If you're a packers guy, maybe a Uhle's blend?

Kentucky Dark Fired works for me. I usually add a pinch of Luxury Navy flake with it.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Anything McClelland is the obvious choice for the Kansas City game. And anything overrated oughta do for the San Francisco game.
Plenty of overated SF themed blends out there but I might just stick with McClelland for both halves of this game.

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
Plenty of overated SF themed blends out there but I might just stick with McClelland for both halves of this game.
I still have some McC's 2014 Christmas Cheer. Maybe I should finish that up. I also found in my cellar an old tin of Sleepy Hollow which I had forgotten that I had. Glad I stocked up on several of their blends prior to them ceasing operation.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I still have some McC's 2014 Christmas Cheer. Maybe I should finish that up. I also found in my cellar an old tin of Sleepy Hollow which I had forgotten that I had. Glad a stocked up on several of their blends prior to them ceasing operation.
The 2014 Christmas Cheer is smoking quite well right now. I popped a tin a few months back and it has been hard to resist smoking it all at once.

I have tried and tried to follow what is going on in football. Growing up in Alabama, it is like a religion here, but I just never "got it." Guys in plastic suits bumping into each other down a field...

Now, girl's beach volleyball... I can watch that alllllll day... and, I really like to smoke Key Largo while watching... or a delicate Connecticut leaf cigar... with fruity drinks with little umbrellas.

puffy So, more than person can kick it? I can't follow the video. I can't get past the plastic superhero suits. Ha ha.

My step son played rugby in college, and even though I had NO idea what was going on, it was fun to watch the abject violence among guys wearing shorts and tshirts. We also had alotta dental bills.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
puffy So, more than person can kick it? I can't follow the video. I can't get past the plastic superhero suits. Ha ha.

My step son played rugby in college, and even though I had NO idea what was going on, it was fun to watch the abject violence among guys wearing shorts and tshirts. We also had alotta dental bills.

Haha, yes, it is legal for the quarterback to "drop kick" a field goal. In addition there is also the punter, who is usually different from the "place kicker." And beyond that many teams have a seperate kicker for kick offs and field goals. But your general point remains the same, the fact that it is called football makes absolutely no sense. I seem to remember that term actually came from Rugby being referred to as "footie" back in the day or something, and american football then evolving out of that, but I can't be sure.

Rugby is great fun both to watch and to play.

Yeh, but compared to soccer... there is still just one guy at a time that can kick. Unless there's some loophole that says guys can just line up and kick it down the field... which I have never seen.

I'm not arguing... I think football is great. Just not my thing. I always take my wife out on Iron bowl days, because you could walk down the street naked and no one would see you. And, you get the pick of the restaurant, because no one else is out of their house. Also a great day to rob a bank in Alabama, ha ha.

Reactions: Bowie

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Yeh, but compared to soccer... there is still just one guy at a time that can kick. Unless there's some loophole that says guys can just line up and kick it down the field... which I have never seen.

I'm not arguing... I think football is great. Just not my thing. I always take my wife out on Iron bowl days, because you could walk down the street naked and no one would see you. And, you get the pick of the restaurant, because no one else is out of their house. Also a great day to rob a bank in Alabama, ha ha.

Haha, yes you are correct. As I said above, the name makes little sense. I would love to see that loophole put in place though. It would hilariously change the game forever.

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
I've forgotten about that Flutie's drop ball kick. He's one of my favorites. In Brees' book, he tells some funny stories of his time with Doug. I'm going to add Women's Soccer (futbol) to my college Baseball viewing. The women got me hooked last Summer. Always paired with one of the McC Virginias.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There's a baseball blend, Triple Play. Why no Touchdown or Twenty Yard Line? Football aka soccer, is surprisingly addictive after you stop wishing the goal were bigger and can accept 1-0 as a score. It puts me in a trance, but in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.