PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Very cool! But, I miss when music came in physical form, like albums, cassettes, or CD’s. Now, its all downloads. I still have a good turntable, but I don’t think I have anything to play a CD on now.
Hey I hear ya cosmic. I’ve done cassette releases in the past but this one is only digital/streaming. Cassettes still sell surprisingly well cause they are so much cheaper to produce than vinyl so the buyer only ends up paying $5-$10 per tape. There is nothing like vinyl on a quality sound system.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I went on the Bandcamp app and listened to your album. The tracks that stood out to me that I really enjoyed, after listening once, are Spot of Yellow, Serpentine Soils, Summer Days and Away From it All.

I purchased the album.

Well done!

• Love
Reactions: LeafErikson

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Oooo… I want to listen too. Is it on Apple music? Or if it is only on bandcamp, can I download it to my apple phone and put it in my music on there?
I downloaded the album on my Chromebook and I also have it on my Samsung tablet. I'm having difficulty getting it on my phone though. Still working on that.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I went on the Bandcamp app and listened to your album. The tracks that stood out to me that I really enjoyed, after listening once, are Spot of Yellow, Serpentine Soils, Summer Days and Away From it All.

I purchased the album.

Well done!
Wow thanks so much for checking it out let alone purchasing it! Glad you found a few songs you liked

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Oooo… I want to listen too. Is it on Apple music? Or if it is only on bandcamp, can I download it to my apple phone and put it in my music on there?
It should be available on all streaming services as well as bandcamp. Album title/artist name (my middle name) is hidden in the flames of the album art puffy

Reactions: scloyd

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Are you familiar with Dan Reeder? His work is more experimental, making his instruments and really odd music organization, but you guys share a similar story telling aesthetic.
Wow cosmic thanks so much for the Dan Reeder recommendation. Listening to his eponymous album now. This is truly incredible stuff and definitely something I’ll be coming back to revisit time and time again. This is most certainly an instant favorite. His vocal melodies and guitar work are beautiful. The production is also rich, warm, and has a home-made quality which I myself lean into when I record my music. I almost exclusively use cassette portastudios to record my music these days and Dan Reeder’s almost sounds like it could be recorded to cassette or 1/4” reel to reel tape if I had to guess. There’s so many talented people out there that it’s surely impossible to hear all of the music you would enjoy in one lifetime but I’m sending my sincerest thanks for showing me one more artist that resonates so deeply with me.

Wow cosmic thanks so much for the Dan Reeder recommendation. Listening to his eponymous album now. This is truly incredible stuff and definitely something I’ll be coming back to revisit time and time again. This is most certainly an instant favorite. His vocal melodies and guitar work are beautiful. The production is also rich, warm, and has a home-made quality which I myself lean into when I record my music. I almost exclusively use cassette portastudios to record my music these days and Dan Reeder’s almost sounds like it could be recorded to cassette or 1/4” reel to reel tape if I had to guess. There’s so many talented people out there that it’s surely impossible to hear all of the music you would enjoy in one lifetime but I’m sending my sincerest thanks for showing me one more artist that resonates so deeply with me.
I knew you two would connect. John Prine found and released Dan's work. I think that Dan is mostly touring Northern Europe these days, or last I heard.
But, you've got that innovative sound that I like, and the storytelling is awesome, which is what I look for a great song. You are in my rotation now. You'll be blasting in my truck as I run my errands. Love it.

Reactions: scloyd

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I knew you two would connect. John Prine found and released Dan's work. I think that Dan is mostly touring Northern Europe these days, or last I heard.
But, you've got that innovative sound that I like, and the storytelling is awesome, which is what I look for a great song. You are in my rotation now. You'll be blasting in my truck as I run my errands. Love it.
Wow I’m truly honored! I spent all weekend listening to Dan Reeder. I really like his 2004 and 2010 albums. He’s now quickly one of my favorites and I’m kind of astonished that I can’t recall ever hearing even one of these songs. That asymmetrical homemade guitar he plays looks wild.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Very cool! But, I miss when music came in physical form, like albums, cassettes, or CD’s. Now, its all downloads. I still have a good turntable, but I don’t think I have anything to play a CD on now.
Couldn't agree more. This is why I still collect LPs, Cds, cassettes and some reel to reel tapes. My kids get a kick out of digging through my albums and picking one out to put on and my wife loves reading the jackets full of info about the artist or album.

Cool album art OP.

Album covers made band concepts possible. It added visuals to the music. From Pink Floyd's Wall to Kiss. Imagine a band that sold itself as a comic book style band like Kiss today. You could never see the band on the little icon for the album... without the album art, old Kiss would have just been a 50's style harder rock band. Rock operas like Yes... Even country music gave face and style with their covers.

I see some bands still release albums, not all, but some. And, considering inflation, $50 isn't a terrible price. I just need a better turntable and hifi.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Couldn't agree more. This is why I still collect LPs, Cds, cassettes and some reel to reel tapes. My kids get a kick out of digging through my albums and picking one out to put on and my wife loves reading the jackets full of info about the artist or album.

Cool album art OP.
I have a huge CD collection and used to drop serious coin at various used CD stores.

Album art was my favorite, along with liner notes and lyrics. Hidden pictures, messages, and jokes could be found throughout.

My CD collection was kept on bookshelves surrounding my TV. However, the jewel cases got annoying to move, CD's in general became obsolete, and artwork could be easily found online.

I tossed the jewel cases and liners in one of the last 2 moves (after about 11 years in the same apartment, I uprooted to Metro Detroit about 4 years ago and moved twice more - but hopefully found my forever home).

I don't regret tossing them as I am trying to declutter everything and hadn't perused the liners in years. My rule is if I had not used it since uprooting or at the first place, it's likely pitched. But, there is something about holding the liner or album that kids will never experience; a type of magic to be lost in time.