PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmer93

Lurker
Feb 16, 2014
I was wondering if there were pipe smokers on here under 25. Just wanted to see. I feel like its not too common for anyone under 25 to smoke a pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
People under 25 are not allowed to post here. You must be at least 50 like the rest of us old grumpy bastards. You also must have yellow stained fingers with long gross finger nails loaded with nicotine. Hair growing out of you ears and nose that are long enough to be braided are also a must. lol
There are plenty of young guys here, you will fit in very easily and remember us old guys have no memory so you can definitely mess with us. Welcome to the site young master.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I remember 25! I quit my job, went back to grad school and met my bride. Tomorrow will be 22 years.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, I think there are a number of twenty-somethings. In fact, that is one of the best

parts of Forums. Our society (if you'll pardon that grandiose term) is so segregated by

age, which is always a big mistake. Younger people need the history and perspective,

and even the grumpy-old-man/woman aspect from time to time. Whereas, the energy

and alertness and antenna for the future that younger people bring is priceless. So

stick around, farmer93. We are way more interesting and successful as a diverse and

various group than we are all sorted out by age and other characteristics. We get plenty

of that in most of our life activities. Hurrah for mixing it up. I go back to the Truman

administration, but some of the most interesting people I know are your age.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I'm just glad this forum doesn't have the same irritating spread of young pipe smokers as reddit pipes does. I.e, lord of the rings fanatics and hipsters.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
19 almost 20 here. Tried pipe smoking out when I was 16, with a grabow omega I still have, and Prince Albert. I came to this forum because I saw that this is the most knowledgable group around. I stay away from reddit because of hipsters.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
I'm not. But I was. (Counts for something, doesn't it?)
Pull up a chair and don't feel so rare -- you look at least 26 with that briar hanging from your jaw.
:)
(Started smoking pipe at 10. And PS: I was a teacher for 24 years. Some of my last students are mid 20's -- and they not only smoke with me, but have taught me a few things. Educated little smokers are teaching their teacher!)

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I just turned 25 and started smoking a pipe regularly a year ago, best decision I've made. Nothing helps me relax during law school like a pipe while I read; especially a latakia blend while I write.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I'll be 19 in a week and a half. I'm fairly new to pipe smoking as I didn't start until I turned 18. This forum is an awesome place for younger folks. Many of the posters here have been smoking pipes for 20+ years and are great sources of advice and guidance. Mentorship is extremely important for any art form and I find pipe smoking to be very much like art. The huge variety of pipes, styles, and tobaccos allows for a wealth of possible combinations and the folks here are a great guide to finding the perfect smoke!

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
I am 24 and have been smoking for almost a year I suppose. When I became interested this was the first place I found and haven't left since.

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
It's a stone bitch. The oral fixation is terrible. Plus it's not like I can smoke wherever I damn well please like I could with dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.