PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
It is on my DVR for viewing soon, but a new (to me anyhow) version of “Life Below Zero” called “Northwest Territories” in the US and “Canada” in Canada appears to fester one fellow who is a pipe smoker. I like the other two versions of LBZ, so I am thinking this one will also be good!

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
It is on my DVR for viewing soon, but a new (to me anyhow) version of “Life Below Zero” called “Northwest Territories” in the US and “Canada” in Canada appears to fester one fellow who is a pipe smoker. I like the other two versions of LBZ, so I am thinking this one will also be good!
Damn autocorrect... “fester” was meant to be “feature”. :)

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
The New made for TV series PACIFiC is filled with Pipe Smoke! Set in 1941. Loved it!
The Pacific was released over 10 years ago. It can be watched at any time on HBO On Demand(without commercials). Another Spielberg/Hanks production.

I enjoyed it as much as Band Of Brothers. The film is a combination of two books written by men who served with the First Marine Division and the story of Medal Of Honor recipient John Basilone.

NookersTheCat

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Love Life Below Zero! It's one of the few 'reality series' I can stand haha but I would love to live that lifestyle. Still on the second season, I'll have to keep my eye out!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
The Pacific was released over 10 years ago. It can be watched at any time on HBO On Demand(without commercials). Another Spielberg/Hanks production.

I enjoyed it as much as Band Of Brothers. The film is a combination of two books written by men who served with the First Marine Division and the story of Medal Of Honor recipient John Basilone.
I agree it was good, but have to say I enjoyed Band of Brothers far more.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I would love to live that lifestyle
The vast majority of people that feel this way find out pretty quickly that it is an extremely tough and for most, undesirable way to live.

It looks great, it sounds great, but it is extremely difficult and comes with regular and sustained periods of both physical and mental discomfort.

This is why many of the people that live in Alaska (myself included) have cabins in addition to homes. So they can go live this lifestyle for whatever period of time they desire, but run back to society when it gets uncomfortable and stops being fun.

Reactions: Toast and Iaido