PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas
I am very curious if anyone has ever heard of a pipe smoker being nicknamed a "Briarman." I have searched Google extensively and can't find any reference to "Briarman" being used to describe a pipe smoker.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Th only trouble with that nickname is it would only make sense to someone who knows tobacco pipes well enough to know that Briar is the wood most commonly used to make them; EG a pipe smoker. General public would not likely make that connection.
But then if its for a character you are creating I assume its either for a story you are writing or for a role playing game. In either case, Briarman works.

Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas
I'm niiice. I really didn't mean to offend. I'm very sorry if I did. Good luck on your thing. I'm sure if it has pipe smoking in it, it will be one hell of a game of D and D.
Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it. I misunderstood your humor and was quick to become defensive. My apologies for my aggressive retort.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it. I misunderstood your humor and was quick to become defensive. My apologies for my aggressive retort.

Nah I always talk shit when I'm smoking, and that's all the time. You are amongst men, there might be a little ribbing here and there. You'll find these guys to be the most helpful group of smoking buddies you could ask for. What are you smoking on?