PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Place for anyone to post pix from this year's show.

A special moment for our premier reviewer:

[Deleted] It was a 4 second video of JimInks opening a special tin, but it repeated the first fraction of it. Dunno how videos should work on Imgur, and I need to get back to the floor.
Some of the ladies!

stUD7r4.jpg

Dr. Bob

2IjEjse.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Let's see some more. Perhaps Sablebrush all liquorred up and randomly groping every Barling pipe he comes across (even those that others are smoking).

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, Sablebrush was seen, real camera in hand, but quite coherent. I am sure he'll post some good pix.
The below photo is a general one of the floor, and the other reminds me that you can find just about any tobacco you can think of, and a lot you have never seen. This one was special as I have a pal in London named Fox, though he wasn't a banker (I was)- he was much worse..... A solicitor.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Thank you all for posting pictures! The WCPS was going to be my first pipe show ever but life got in the way. I am glad to have you guys around to see what these are all about!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This is a very short clip I uploaded to Imgur, only to see it fizzle. Now it's on Youtube, and is worth 5 seconds of your time, I hope.
Link to INK
First to ID the gent, and the tobacco: kudos~

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Bingo! And well done to the first two (and only) responders. It was a fine moment, and sorry I didn't capture the rapture fully.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
As it happens, I didn't end up taking much in the way of pictures at the show. I was busy showing of Ken's pipes to anyone I could tackle. that said, here are two.
The first one is Rick Newcombe delivering his presentation at the awards dinner.
rFads3V.jpg

No, they weren't presenting an award to Winnie The Pooh.
The second is a group of us who went out to dinner at a terrific Italian restaurant, Nora's, where we had booked a private room:
zJeKCJI.jpg

From left to right: Mark Ryan, Jon Guss, Pete Rothenberg, Richard Gray, and Jim Amash. I'm represented by the flip phone on the table. This was the only shot where Jon's eyelids didn't blink in sync with the shutter. Jim's amused because he thinks that none of us noticed that he hid the last piece of pizza under his shirt.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Actually, I was amused that Jesse could take photos and chew gum at the same time. Quite a remarkable feat for a fella who has one tooth less than a Waffle House waitress.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
My 8th WCPS is a distant memory but I had a very good time. The show has shrunk but from all reports will continue! The Palace Stations renovations are almost done and the rooms were much nicer but I missed the big neon sign. 8O

Thursday always starts at The Oyster Bar. The Pan Roast is my favorite meal in Vegas! I got the pick from my buddy Steve Leaders before the eBay guys cleaned him out.

img_2115.jpg

img_2112.jpg

img_2111.jpg

img_2114.jpg

img_2113.jpg

img_2110.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.