PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've really enjoyed watching young Mr. Penzo develop his style in the past 1.5 years. When SPdotcom picked up his pipes, congratulations were in order.

Earlier this year he made me a terrific sandblasted lovat for me that smokes like a charm. After seeing his work of late in the smooth finish realm I concocted an idea for a new pipe. It is complete..

A bulbous cutty influenced, horn floced, army mounted piece in a dainty size. Can't wait to fire it up.
ScqPEw6.jpg

uoZ6zg9.jpg

3jeKHna.jpg

zpzBBqJ.jpg

XcbKPsg.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
My other Penzo is a terrific smoke. One of my larger chambers so I use it when I want a long smoke.
If you go to YouTube and search his name there's a cool little video of him in his workshop.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's made from Italian erica arborea root.
:mrgreen: Now you need to get some pipes made from Turkish sepiolite. Beautiful Penzo Brian, but if the stem is going directly into the ferrule with no briar contact, take care when removing and replacing it to prevent galling.

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
The utmost care will be given..

I had an Anastasopoulos Rhodesian with horn at the mortise. He applied a small cylinder of Briar on the interior of the horn to improve contact.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
He applied a small cylinder of Briar on the interior of the horn to improve contact.
Now that is very forward thinking. I have a Nonpareil that I'm terrified to take apart!

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
It has arrived.
I'm pleased to see the horn extension has a briar interior..terrific fitment. The finish is like glass just like in the pictures. Pleased as punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.