PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Visiting the capitol cities of Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria in June. Anyone have tips for estate pipe shopping in one or all of these cities? Open air markets where estate pipes are present? Other possibilities?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Bowie and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
well in Turkey I think it's obvious you are going to want to try to find meers.
I would think they are dirt cheap there.. like insane dirt cheap.

Reactions: Bowie

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
well in Turkey I think it's obvious you are going to want to try to find meers.
I would think they are dirt cheap there.. like insane dirt cheap.

Yep. I want to score a meer in Turkey. I have this strange compulsion to find older pipes that need a little love, restore them, etc. I know I am not alone in this, but it is getting to be an addiction for me...

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Oh I have that too. I would look for flea markets and antique markets and see what you can dig up!
also in Greece and Bulgaria I would think there would also be dedicated pipe shops, especially in the capitol.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Oh I have that too. I would look for flea markets and antique markets and see what you can dig up!
also in Greece and Bulgaria I would think there would also be dedicated pipe shops, especially in the capitol.

The struggle is real! I saw that someone on rebornpipes acquires (or acquired) lots of interesting estate pipes there. Maybe I'll try to reach out to see what he recommends. A lot of geography to cover... it would be nice to have a strategy ahead of time so that I can enable myself (ha, ha) to embrace this addiction on an international scope.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.