Pipe Restoration Series #3: Wally Frank.LTD. Imported Briar Straight Grain Second, Medico Imported Briar F Stamped Stem.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes
3 Fresh Il Cerchio Pipes
156 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPremo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Viva Las Vegas
So I have a few more pipes to add to my ever growing collection, I have minimal information on them, which I've included below, but if anyone has anything to add I'm always happy to learn more!

According to the stamping I've bought a Wally Frank.LTD. Imported Briar Straight Grain Second along with a Medico Imported Briar F Stamped Stem. From a bit of info I read on RebornPipes according to the book "Old Briar" the Medico brand did away with the F stamp after 1955 so at least I know it's older than that. The Wally Frank second is a bit more of a mystery but a fine pipe nevertheless.

Here's the before
OPyPP62.jpg

And after a healthy dose of TLC, I seem to be having a slight gapping issue with the stem on the wally frank, I mighhht shave it down to match the shank but for now I'm alright with it.

LseW7B6.jpg

A full album for your enjoyment complete with sunlight shots.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
great job cleaning those up!
for the stem fitment you can try sanding a bit on the inside face of the mortise edge to chamfer it a bit more. Sometimes that fixes it... and if you are careful it certainly won't hurt it.

Reactions: JPremo
Status
Not open for further replies.