PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karben63

Lurker
Feb 13, 2022
Need some restoration and repair work done on about 15 pipes. Looked around on the web and found a good many that do this type of work but would like to have some recommendations. Thanks.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Walker Pipe Repair - http://www.walkerpiperepair.com. I've been happy with Mike Myers work on a bunch of Dunhills that needed a good overhaul and new stems. He even put the correct white dot on the pipes. Replacement stems lower the resale value but I was unable to salvage the oxidized vulcanite and evidence of my clenching! I bought those pipes decades before I learned to take care of them. I take better care of my pipes these days. An ounce of prevention ...

Last edited:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
If your in the U.K then you need Northern Briars see link below:

Otherwise if you are in the U.S then it's Briarville as endorsed by just about everyone who matters!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Not all "repairmen" are repairmen. Most of these guys are "just" refurb guys. Refurb usually can't repair broken stem or damaged bowls. And if you you want stem that will pass muster as original that lets a bunch of guys out.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Again, it depends on the level of execution. Collectors of high end pipes, whether rare antique pieces, or top end Danish artisanal pipes, who need something like a stem replacement or some sort of structural, as well as aesthetic restoration, go to George Dibos. They line up to have George do the work because they want it faultless, seamless, and invisible. He's a member here.
If your repairs are more along the line of refurbishment, a clean up, a bit of spit and polish, the other recommendations are more than adequate

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Who then would you recommend in Europe ?
Geoff Watson, Cambridge Pipe Repairs in the UK. Does excellent work.
The Danish Pipe Shop if the pipe needs cleaning and new stems.

I've used both.

Also Dean, The Estate Pipe Shop, in the UK. I've not sent pipes to him for repair or refurb, but I've bought estate pipes from Dean, and they were very well presented.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Thank you Oz , appreciated .
I'm familiair with the Danish Pipe Shop . Always pay them a visit when in Copenhagen.
Great guys and they have a constant supply of nice estates for sale.
Geoff sells on Ebay too ; every inch a gentleman and excellent work indead. He's also very generous
in sharing knowledge.

Marco Janzen Hamburg :

Reactions: OzPiper