Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you scoop out, wipe out, and pipe cleaner the airway, it shouldn't make much difference, but if there is any moister ever left, I think bowl down would leave it in a more desirable place. I'd rather have it dry out in the bowl than in the shank or stem. But if you are rigorous with cleaning, the bowl up rack should be fine. I'm all bowl down. I just think it is more balanced looking with the weight down. oldschool, my wife gave me a gift certificate when Two Cousins were building pipe racks and I requested a rack of old barn wood with faded red paint. They sent a picture of it completed, and another more conventional one, if i had lost my nerve. I said, absolutely not, send the barn wood version, and they cheered my decision.

Gubbins

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2020
Bowl up, bowl down, bowl sideways makes no difference functionally unless you are slobbering in your pipe and not cleaning it after you smoke.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Old School, I don't mean to lead you astray, but I think a rack for at least 20 pipes would end up filled. Actually, forty wouldn't be too big, but I don't want to send you into shock. If you have four pipes, a dozen seems like a gracious plenty. Ha-ha.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Old School, I don't mean to lead you astray, but I think a rack for at least 20 pipes would end up filled. Actually, forty wouldn't be too big, but I don't want to send you into shock. If you have four pipes, a dozen seems like a gracious plenty. Ha-ha.
If i can ever get the honey-do- list knocked down some and get the crops planted i hope to get started on mine soon i did sneak out to the barn and look thru some of the wood I have in the loft. I have been thinking about your suggestion and i think i will go for about 16 pipe slots. I also saw one that has a glass front door for really nice ones that looking at trying to build also