PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
From the CPCC newsletter:
The Chicago Pipe Show is now taking reservations for the 2016 Pipe Making Seminar. 12 applicants will be accepted for the seminar on a first come, first served basis. This year, the cost of the seminar is $125.00 PAID IN ADVANCE to confirm your reservation. Each participant will receive a pre-drilled briar block with a stem. During the seminar, the participants will be taught and assisted in the finishing of a complete pipe by world famous pipe makers. Lee Von Erck is the lead instructor. This year, there will be more demonstrations of pipe making techniques, and Joe Nelson will join the many great pipe makers who instruct participants each year. Rex Poggenpohl and Mike Butera will also be there. The pipe that you complete is yours to take home. To reserve your place in the seminar, email Craig at porshcigar@aol.com.
Editors note: If possible, the instructors also plan to demonstrate disc grinder shaping and stem tenon turning.
FYI, I was the first to sign up several months ago.
Winton

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
More news from the CPCC newsletter:
PIPE MAKING SEMINAR:
There are still 6 positions left in our annual pipe making seminar. This seminar is a lot of fun to take (the instructors can be rather hilarious at times), and you get a hands-on education on how pipes are made. Gives you a real appreciation on what your favorite carvers have to do to make the pipes that you like so much!!
Anyway, if you have, or can get Wednesday April 27th and Thursday the 28th off, it's well worth it to attend, besides you'll have a pipe that YOU made to take home. The seminar starts at 9 A.M. and ends at 5 P.M. with an hour off for lunch both days.
** At the last show, I bought a pipe kit. Below are the results. I wanted to see my skill level before and after the seminar. At our pipe club meeting on Saturday, some pointed out some glaring issues. But my lack of photography skills makes up for those mistakes.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Yes, this has been done regularly. The events at the show can adjust according to interest, availability, hurricanes, and other factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.