Pipe Maker and Life-Long Retail Tobacconist Rich Lewis on Radio Show of Feb 25, 2020

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview tonight is with Rich Lewis. Rich is a Pipe Maker, Tobacconist, Tobacco Shop Owner, and Musician, and has almost 50-years in the industry. He started working in his dad’s store, The Lewis Tobacco Shop, in 1972 when he was 20-years old. In the 80s, he studied with some of the finest pipe makers in Italy and England. Rich is known for the “Armadillo” bowl shaping. He also makes great standard shapes. Rich’s son, George also makes pipes with him. In Pipe Parts Brian will answer a listener’s question on Dunhill Pipes, and discuss different eras of Dunhills.

Rich-Lewis.jpg

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I'm looking forward to this interview. I was in his store recently to pick up some of his house blends. If you're ever near downtown Minneapolis, it's worth the time to visit to his shop. He has a wide variety of house blends, along with some new Savinelli pipes, estate pipes. cigars, smokeless tobacco, cigs, supplies, etc., all in a relatively small area and right off of the skyway.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Great interview. Rich was interesting and, sadly, one of a vanishing breed. I wish I had a shop like his near me.

If Brian can get Steve Winwood on the show I’m not ashamed to say I might squeal like a little girl. Okay, maybe a little ashamed.

Loved the rant. That guy sounds like he’s easily triggered. Life will be hard for him. Having a pipe in your mouth can keep you from saying something stupid but it won’t keep you from typing.

Sep 17, 2019
I'm looking forward to this interview. I was in his store recently to pick up some of his house blends. If you're ever near downtown Minneapolis, it's worth the time to visit to his shop. He has a wide variety of house blends, along with some new Savinelli pipes, estate pipes. cigars, smokeless tobacco, cigs, supplies, etc., all in a relatively small area and right off of the skyway.
Our featured interview tonight is with Rich Lewis. Rich is a Pipe Maker, Tobacconist, Tobacco Shop Owner, and Musician, and has almost 50-years in the industry. He started working in his dad’s store, The Lewis Tobacco Shop, in 1972 when he was 20-years old. In the 80s, he studied with some of the finest pipe makers in Italy and England. Rich is known for the “Armadillo” bowl shaping. He also makes great standard shapes. Rich’s son, George also makes pipes with him. In Pipe Parts Brian will answer a listener’s question on Dunhill Pipes, and discuss different eras of Dunhills.

Rich-Lewis.jpg
Rich Lewis and Brian knocked this interview out of the park...............Did Brian even have to prep for this one as Rich was a real self
starter?
Pipe Collector 34

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.