PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
One last lighter related thread. I have a Lotus Condor that is really nice, except that I have to click the thing a dozen times just to get the flame going. Is there any way to repair this? I want to give it to a friend since I ordered a new lighter.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
One last lighter related thread. I have a Lotus Condor that is really nice, except that I have to click the thing a dozen times just to get the flame going. Is there any way to repair this? I want to give it to a friend since I ordered a new lighter.
Yes. Throw it into the trash and buy an IM Corona or Kiribi. This is what happened with every lower cost electronic lighter. Try using compressed air to clean it out from any debris. Use another lighter to try and light it when you have the button depressed. This will at least confirm it's the ignition. If it is the ignition, try cleaning any crap, corrosion or whatever from the ignition area to make sure the spark has a path to ground/spark.

Boognish

Lurker
Apr 3, 2021
Maine
Could try cleaning the gas port with rubbing alcohol, and a full bleed of the tank (to make sure air isn't messing around with the pressure.) If neither of those works you can try moving the electrode around to try and get a better/hotter spark, but sometimes that can mess things up causing the spark to short out elsewhere (the plastic insulation likes to break in weird places.) Piezo ignitors are replaceable but can be a pita to run the electrode.