PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Has anyone seen a pipe dryer for sale? I seem to remember an old post about this, but all I can find in my searches is patents, etc.

I don't have or want a very large collection of pipes. 5-6 high end, pleasing to look at pipes is more than enough for me and my interests.

But, I do wish I could dry them out quicker. I would happily buy a nice looking pipe dryer to speed up the "resting" process... which is really just drying out a pipe.

I could see them doubling as a tobacco dryer. Maybe even a combination unit.

In my place in North America, I have a forced air heating system and I have put a pipe on a vent to try it out. Works great, but really, it's not something I want to do. I have another place in a humid environment where there is no heating system at all, and a pipe dryer would be even better there. Sometimes my pipes take days to properly dry out there.

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for one of these things. Could be a nice little niche market for any inventors out there.

Where in the hell are all of the pipe dryers?!?

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I've never seen or heard of a pipe dryer, maybe try a food dehydrator?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
If you smoke dry tobacco, and smoke to very near the bottom of the chamber, the heat will dry the briar quite well. A hot water flush doesn't impart any significant moisture to the briar, either, so you can have the best of both worlds.

Reactions: diamondback

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I saw one listed on ebay or posted in this forum years ago. It was round and blew air through your pipes. Maybe it was even warmed up a bit, I don't know.

Seemed like something from the 50's. I'd buy one in a second.

I have been cleaning my pipes with water for years. Even so, I do notice that my pipes smoke best when completely bone dry. For my conditions, this seems to take a little over a day.

Keeping a small collection, sometimes I run through it before it's ready. I don't really want to add more pipes though because I'm quite picky in my selection and aside from that, I don't really want 15-40 pipes on a rack in my house.

Anyway... it was just a thought. Maybe I daydreamed it. I swear it was out there though...

Status
Not open for further replies.