PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Inspired by the other pipe collection thread I thought I would show off my collection as it stands now. Over the past 5 years I've owned around 70 pipes, but many of those have come and gone via trade, gift or sold off. Currently I have 38 pipes in my collection, and though it's not a fancy, high end collection; its a nice collection with a variety of different makers and shapes. At this point I'm pretty content with my collection, so I don't think I'll be adding any new pipes anytime soon which is fine as I'll be able to focus on adding to the tobacco cellar instead. Nothing wrong with trading in PAD for TAD. In all I have 19 briar pipes, 7 meerschaum pipes, 11 corn cobs, and 1 hardwood.

1. Savinelli 645 Bent Apple Short PIpe

2. Savinelli 616 KS Trevi (Rusticated)

3. Savinelli 320 KS Trevi (Smooth)

4. Savinelli 412 KS Polo

5. Savinelli 111 KS Toscana

6. Dagner Pipes P3 Billiard

7. Peterson Sherlock Holmes Squire Bulldog

8. Peterson St. Patrick's Day 2016 221

9. Vauen 0061 Bent Apple

10. Czech Made Bent Brandy Basket Pipe

11. Italian Made Bent Apple Basket Pipe

12. Medico Medalist Bulldog

13. Jirsa '94 Poker

14. Phil Rivara Hawkbill

15. Phil Rivara Bing Crosby Canadian

16. Sparky's Pipes Prince of Darkness Poker

17. SParky's Pipes Reigning Blood Billiard

18. Brian Doran Giant Stubby Poker

19. Rick Black Stubby Dublin

20. Strambach Bent Billiard Meerschaum

21. 1962 Adana Turkey Billiard Meerschaum

22. Peterson Bent Billiard Meerschaum

23. Peterson Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker Meerschaum

24. Turkish Sultan Meerschaum

25. Bacchus Mini Meerschaum

26. Tekin Uzkesici Ornate Dragon Meerschaum

27. MM Kolonel (5th Avenue) Corn Cob

28. MM General Corn Cob

29. MM Great Dane Egg Corn Cob

30. MM Diplomat Corn Cob

31. MM Rob Roy Legend

32. MM Rob Roy Legend

33. MM Washington Corn Cob

34. MM Lady Godiva (Naked) Corn Cob

35. MM Morgan Corn Cob

36. MM Morgan (Naked) Corn Cob

37. MM Country Gentleman Corn Cob

38. MM Diplomat Maple Hardwood (NOT PICTURED)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Other than an annual Weaver commission, my PAD days are likely over, and more money can be focused on tobacco acquisition.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Very nice collection!! I began this pipe thing less than two years ago. I bought and sold a few pipes. This past spring, after buying my commissioned Michael Parks, my desire for buying pipes went away completely. I thought it was a phase, but now I don't think so. I've found other hobbies/desires. I love pipes, but I have the ones I wanted. The end. Weird huh?

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
Just curious why a pipe made in Turkey would say, 'Made In Turkey' on it, you know, instead of "Türkiye'de satılan"? Or is every pipe out there made for the American market?

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Just curious why a pipe made in Turkey would say, 'Made In Turkey' on it, you know, instead of "Türkiye'de satılan"? Or is every pipe out there made for the American market?
"Türkiye'de satılan" means "Being Sold In Turkey", the correct words would be "Türkiyede Üretilmiştir", but instead they use "Türk Malı" which means "Turkish Commodity". And you will find lots of products in Turkey that clearly says that, like tea products or frozen chicken wings, which are not exported that much or at all. There are lots of carvers that export their meerschaum pipes so they prefer writing it that way, like Chinese stamping Made In China instead of writing it in Mandarin or Cantonese. I guess it is some kind of world standard. Not only Americans speak English.
By the way, the picture below was taken by a redditor in Turkish Grand Bazaar which is visited probably by millions of tourists every year, be a pipe smoker or not, everyone buys a meerschaum pipe from there.
mxuoqnn.jpg

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Thank you for sharing with much detail, a sweet collection. Good for you. I too am near or at the end of TAD. Waiting on a final Northern Briars silver-banded Zulu. Sure there will/may be others in the fullness of time, but nothing additional is planned. Tobacco TAD is also nearing the end. Have a couple holes to fill and then I'm done there as well. Nice journey.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Thanks for the nice complements.
As for the Turkish Meerschaum stating Made in Turkey; its my understanding that there are a lot of gift shops catering to tourists as well as many of the pipe makers exporting their pipes to English speaking countries. Of course that is mainly a guess.

mazzeh

Lurker
Sep 8, 2016
Very nice collection! I didn't even know pipes came in designs like #20-#26. Do you use them regularly or keep them pristine?
What one(s) are your favourite/go-to pipe(s)?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@mazzeh - I like to keep my pipes clean and nice looking, but not pristine. You can definitely tell I smoke them and enjoy them, but like all things; the better you take care of them the longer they'll last.
My favorites are (no particular order): #1, #2, #7, #14, #16, #17, #20, #21, #30, #32 but I smoke them all. Some just more than others. Out of the 38 pipes I would say about 20 are in regular rotation.

mazzeh

Lurker
Sep 8, 2016
@metalheadycigarguy - Thanks for answering. Like anything, I suppose - they look like you take care of them well and that's what matters. They should serve you well.
From your list of favourites it sounds like you mostly prefer the "standard" designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.