PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I use Plano tackle boxes to store and organize my pipe cleaning accessories. I find it cheap and amazingly efficient. Any other ideas you have figured out along the way?
TgYGOMA.jpg

Yt0E6Zn.jpg

Jan 7, 2019
Haa! That’s a slick idea. I normally carry cleaners/tools/lighters, etc. in a canvas attaché bag. Everything just stuffed in.
I like it.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
That is way more organized than my stuff. I just keep the pipe cleaners in the bag they come in except I put used ones in a dog poo bag to control the smell a bit until they get to the rubish bin. I've seen some ridiculous options here in Europe that don't fit my sense of aesthetics but those with a greater tolerance for whimsy might like something like this.
il_fullxfull.1762403495_t5ap.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Here's my set up. There's a bottle of Everclear in the drawer below. I know, I know, it's an impressive arrangement.

kE6LTeP.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I go for vertical storage access on the desktop; and when traveling, I use the bags they came in.

But overall, I like the OP's organization and inside-the-box thinking. Does anyone use those narrow plastic sleeves that are so frequently handed out as freebies? Seems like a roll-up affair might make for compact toting.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Like many, I just keep mine in the bag they come in, stored in a drawer on my pipe rack, save for the 2 or 3 that are not quite used up, but not clean that lay out on my pipe preperation plate.
This looks like a fantastic approach, though Neal! Might have to look into that myself. Another idea I'm contemplating is buying myself a fishing tackle box that looks like it has the best organization to it and turning it into a traveling pipe case for longer trips. It'd be nice to have a place for about 4 pipes and all the accoutrements one would want to have. Then detail the outside of it to make it look neat.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I keep some pipe cleaners in a ceramic vase I painted next to me where I smoke...see picture. The black pot is where I put my ashes, burnt matches and used pipe cleaners. Otherwise I keep my pipe cleaners in their bags and stored in wooden cigar boxes.

img_20180729_125805-edited-4.jpg

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Y'all are way too systematic for poor old me. :mrgreen: Of *all* those, the closest one to my system of [cough] "organization" is Tim's!

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
ETOH. Of course. How else would a physician label it?
Plano Molding is in Plano, Illinois -- a short distance from my home. Although it's been a few years now, I've been to their outlet store many times looking for just the right container to store this or that at bargain prices. Great idea, Neal. Looks like a trip to Plano soon for me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I may not use one for my pipe cleaners, but you have given me something to think about for my knitting tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.