PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some of my favorite moderately priced pipes are the aforementioned Rossi, Ropps, Dr. Grabow, Kaywoodie in the Saxon and Redwood series, and MM cobs special editions with acrylic stems. There are many others, but I'd stick with briar, cobs, or Meerschaum for now, and well-known brands.

Reactions: Coreios

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Ah.

Actually, it MIGHT make a difference. Maybe darkening from heat is how pear wood normally behaves?

I have no idea, though.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
In the beginning I started with a couple of pear wood pipes. I did not have any external changes that looked at all like this. They darkened more evenly over a long period of time. No localized discolorations and nothing that was intermittent...

Reactions: Coreios

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Hi everyone. Little update on the pipe. Mr. Brog did get back with me and wanted to see the pictures. They said that it was a defect in the pipe, they apologized, refunded me, and told me to keep the pipe. So I'm going to save that refund for if this one blows out. I honey caked the inside as several have suggested here. It is still turning black and cooling back to normal. However, its becoming a smaller and smaller dark spot the more I smoke it. I'm just going to enjoy it until it explodes and if that never happens then great. Thanks for everyone's help it was greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.