PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
It's been awhile since I've bought any new pipes so I didn't feel guilty picking up this big beautiful bent egg by Levon Asikyan. I've been smoking it for a week now and I'm addicted! Feels good, look, good and smokes fantastic. Does anyone else have a pipe from this workshop?

asikyan.jpg

Nice pipe!!!

I do not, but it interests me how many jewelers have gotten into the pipemaking biz. I've had the pleasure of setting around with Ian Walker and Skip Elliot and talking bench work, as both had been bench jewelers early on. I guess maybe once making things is in your blood...
Funny how the jewelers turned pipemakers don't seem to make many bands. You'd think Peder Jeppesen would have been a jeweler with how he gets so creative with his band and silverwork.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wow I really like that pipe. Thanks you've given me a heads up for another pipe maker to check out when the bug bites (the another pipe bug, the no I don't need another one but I sort of do bug.)
And yes beautiful grain. It reminds me of a lot Japanese pipes in the way it looks like the pipe was carved to compliment the grain and not just a nice grain on a nice pipe.

Reactions: RadVladZeev

RadVladZeev

Lurker
Jan 13, 2021
Israel Armenia
Hello gentlemen! My name is Zeev or Vladimir (double name)))). I am a retired photographer working in the advertising industry. I have been smoking a pipe for almost 20 years. And in this case, I represent the master Levon Asikyan. I am ready to answer all questions related to Asikyan's pipes and photographs. And I am glad to join such a respected community. (and yes, English is not my first language and I apologize for the mistakes)

RadVladZeev

Lurker
Jan 13, 2021
Israel Armenia
View attachment 68313

I picked up this one last week from SP, its an unsmoked estate pipe by Levon A. Im loving it, its a nice piece of briar and smokes really good. I broke it in with some Windjammer ?
Thank you for sharing your purchase. I get a lot of good reviews about Asikyan's pipes. I would love to share some studio photos of your pipe.

Attachments

• 27_7883_7884_web.jpg
    27_7883_7884_web.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 17IMG_7727_web.jpg
    17IMG_7727_web.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 17IMG_7729_web.jpg
    17IMG_7729_web.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 17IMG_7730_web.jpg
    17IMG_7730_web.jpg