PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
Hello everyone, first time poster, long time troller of the site. I know there is an app for iPhones that helps us with our hobby, but what about Android users? I've looked and have not been able to find one. If there is not one available, I would be willing to try and create one. Anyone have any info as to whether one exists?

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
I'm not real sure, it's for iPhones and all I use is Android. Her is a link to where it was discussed previously.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-tool-app

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
I know, right? I began creating an App for Android last night. I'd be curious to know what folks around here would like to see on the App. So far it's very basic, just has some links to various online pipe and tobacco suppliers, a link to tobacco reviews, and a link to Pipe Magazines store locator. I'm thinking that I would like to include a database to store differnt tobaccos that I have tried and my thoughts on those tobaccos. Maybe even have a link to how to guides and a social networking aspect? Give me your thoughts!

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
A database would be awesome, maybe one that shows age in the cellar along with what you have open similar but more user friendly than the website. Honestly I'd love to see this forum turned into an app that would be awesome.

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
I could easily link the forum to an app, however an app that is actually integrated would be tough. It would involve cooperation from the forum administrator and as I'm not a programmer (I'm an accountant lol), I wouldn't be comfortable in tackling something like that. However a link would be super easy. Great ideas, keep them coming!

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
I had Pipe Tool on my ipad. It was okay and would have had real promise if the API to tobacco review was maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.