PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
How many of you smoke both pipe and energy sticks cigarettes? I was done with cigarettes for awhile, but stopping vape, and getting to hectic for pipe, picked up the cigarettes late last year. Last week or so, started smoking pipe more often. Noticed that on days I smoke pipe, I don't crave cigarette as much. Might due to nicotine overload. Anyone experiencing same thing? Smoking less cigarettes on pipe days?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Absolutely. I love both. Smoke less cigs when I have time for the pipe. If I could smoke inside, I'd quit cigarettes in a heartbeat. I would rather quit cigs than the pipe anyday. I still plan on quitting cigs again, now that I'm home all day long, I'm hoping it's easier. But I don't bet money on it.

Unfortunately I still smoke a lot of cigarettes. However, I mostly make my own with Daughters and Ryan Three Sails to smoke a cigarette with less Nicotine. Of course if I don’t have time, then I have to go back to Marlboro Red Label.

Interestingly to me Three Sails taste different in a pipe and as a cigarette

Last edited:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Unfortunately I still smoke a lot of cigarettes. However, I mostly make my own with Daughters and Ryan Three Sails to smoke a cigarette with less Nicotine. Of course if I don’t have time, then I have to go back to Marlboro Red Label.

Interestingly to me Three Sails taste different in a pipe and as a cio
I bought a pound of Ryback gold last year to try another Virginia blend. Blech. Still hate Virginia's. But it makes a nice ryo cig.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI

And yes, I love Ryback regular in my pipe, but hate it rolled. Wierd.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I quit cigarettes for good in 1999...then again in 2002, 2005 and again in 2008. (I had a 9 month relapse starting when my fiancée walked out on me.) Didn't use any tobacco products except the occasional cigar from my stash for almost a decade, but just before I turned 40 I decided to buy a pipe, then 30. Turns out a lot of pipe tobacco works well as a ryo. The winters here are nasty, and just like @didimauw I can't smoke indoors, so once I was back on the nicotine I started rolling cigarettes more to get me through January and February when it's just not feasible to stand outside smoking a leisurely flake. Ramback Gold works really well as a rollie. I'm going to try getting through this winter without smoking any though, mainly 'cause my lungs aren't too good, especially after the nasty bout of Covid I had over the summer.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Nicotine helps me relax and calms anxiety. I don't smoke inside and have a busy life (no busier than the rest of you). As a result, I smoke cigarettes when short on time or for a quick fix and when stressed.

Pipe smoking for me helps slow things down, to relax and unwind. Preferably with a book and bottomless cup of coffee.

I don't enjoy pipes when stressed or cold, so I have more cigarettes in the winter, after work, and mornings. Zyn pouches and vape help when driving (not a car smoker) or in the home.

I smoke less cigarettes when I smoke a pipe and used cigarette money to help build a modest cellar as a result.

Like others here, if time were no object and I smoked inside, cigarettes would likely fall by the wayside for "emergencies" only. I'm hoping to quit cigarettes eventually, but not in the immediate future.

I run on nicotine, caffeine, and hatred, with a splash of alcohol for good measure (just kidding ... kind of). So I use several types of nicotine to get through the day. While I don't recommend it, they work for me.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, but I got full-on hooked on Zyn nicotine pouches a year ago. It has unintentionally cut my pipe and cigar smoking down drastically. This was an unintended consequence of pouching. My favorite morning routine was to enjoy my morning coffee with a pipe or cigar and now I'm reaching for a Zyn pouch before I even roll out of bed. Now I've got a Zyn pouch under my lip when waking, walking, working. Nicotine is a hell of a drug.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York

Knock off Three Castles I have heard but YMMV