PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There's always something pipe related that I almost bought but didn't. Right now that might be the Savinelli tamper with bright colored plastic handle. I am so infatuated with the pipe nail for its simplicity and efficiency, the Czech tool for its classic utility, and a stainless steel folding tool that is both pretty and handy, that the Savinelli item seems like something I might not use, despite its eye-catching color(s). What's your almost, maybe, but not yet accessory?

Reactions: Casual and Elric

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Yeah... it happens all the time. Although most often I don't need that thing, there are sometimes some things I do regret not buying. I don't know if I can remember on the spot the one thing I was impulsed to buy but didn't, but I sure remember the last thing I bought and I regret buying, since I hardly used it - in this case I don't use it at all. I bought a ratray's cigarette holder with a 9 mm filter insert last October... I have given up fags since January 1st, so that thing os nothing more but a novelty item right now - hope to keep it that way and continue considering the darn thing as collector's item. puffy

Reactions: Casual

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
anotherbob, you might get a nylon pouch for low price and see if it is useful, and if so, buy a pretty leather one. I have an inexpensive one and discover I rarely use it, though the idea of a well worn leather one appealed to me a lot.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
So many expensive lighters!

And a couple nice looking ashtrays. But they’re big and heavy and international shipping costs more than the ashtray.

And complete leather travel rolls, with leather tobacco pouches, stands, etc. I don’t travel more than a walk in the woods. I just want to need a fancy travel roll.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
P&C has a brown, thread-together tamper/pick tool that I considered, but decided against it because the handles didn't seem practical. More of a travel tool.
I'm not a big fan of Czech tools. The scraper seems a little too round on the edges, and the tamper isn't fully round. I prefer to use an aluminum pipe nail as a tamper, but I do my scraping with an oyster knife.

Reactions: BROBS and Casual

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Elric, oh boy can I appreciate those Laguiole pipe knives, or any of their knives. I was in France and was compelled to get a plain, wood handled folding knife as a souvenir, and it is a beauty with a fine carbon steel blade, but no lock, nothing fancy, one blade. And 'swear if the blade isn't signed by the knife maker. Anything from them is worth every dime, if you can afford it. Mine was not expensive, but it is a treasure. Opinel are not quite that choice, but lovely as well.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
wait scratch that I just ordered this pouch... Brigham Tobacco Pouch Vintage | Smokingpipes.com - https://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe%20accessories/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=290921 I have to say if I ever spend over 100 bucks on a pouch it means I have no room for more pipes.
"...it looks rugged and already broken in with a weathered, vintage finish."
Rugged and weathered my arse. That's scratched ! :oops: :eek:

Here you go now:

?

Kozeman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2020
Woodstock, Illinois
"...it looks rugged and already broken in with a weathered, vintage finish."
Rugged and weathered my arse. That's scratched ! :oops: :eek:

Here you go now:

?
"Leather Filler compound repairs scaly, cracking, or thinning leather, as well as HOLES, CUTs, or TEARS in leather and vinyl. " That is some magic shit in that little paste. Sounds like the bottle of elixir that guy from Josey Wales was selling. "How's it work on Tobacco stains?"

Reactions: jpmcwjr

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
"Leather Filler compound repairs scaly, cracking, or thinning leather, as well as HOLES, CUTs, or TEARS in leather and vinyl. " That is some magic shit in that little paste. Sounds like the bottle of elixir that guy from Josey Wales was selling. "How's it work on Tobacco stains?"
It actually works, but the application requires surgical skills: if you get it on the scratch it will repair it, if you get it on the leather around the scratch it will stain it.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Kozeman
Status
Not open for further replies.