PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Great day today!

Got a good picnic spot at Mt Charleston, a local area, and I of course took some pipes.

Started with so GH&C Cherry Cream Flake for the first smoke in my new Strambach meer. Enjoyed a nice glass of Burgundy:

IMG_20200620_132654771_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200620_133316531.jpg

Took way too much food:

IMG_20200620_132659851_HDR.jpg

Really enjoyed this particular cheese:

IMG_20200620_162525132_HDR.jpg

Followed all that with some Devil's Holiday for the first smoke in my new cobra meer by Kenan with a tasty dessert wine:

IMG_20200620_143144604.jpg

IMG_20200620_143343788.jpg

Someone stole my chair!

IMG_20200620_131934793_HDR.jpg

A good time was had by all.

78 degrees when we left the picnic site. Friggin 102 at the house when we got home.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Awesome idea for an outing!
Picnicking for us started with everything going on right now. Couldn't weekend road trip or go to restaurants so why not get out away from everyone.

Plus, I'm beginning to think picnics are ideal for pipers. You don't have to pack a ton since it's a short, simple trip but there's more than enough room for some pipes and tobacco.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Two years ago my wife and I were enjoying a picnic in the mountains of Montana with a growler of fresh local ale and some nice food. I had just lit a pipe when I heard the unmistakable sounds of an irritated moose very near to us. We were at the edge of a meadow with trees around us in a place not far from where we parked the truck. My wife looked at me and we briskly but calmly walked to the truck leaving everything where it sat. Never saw the moose but it clearly knew we were there and wasn’t happy about it. After a fair bit we gathered our picnic and found a different spot several miles away to continue our picnic without our moosey companion. Good times.

It seems moose don’t like Latakia. ?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Great day today!

Got a good picnic spot at Mt Charleston, a local area, and I of course took some pipes.

Started with so GH&C Cherry Cream Flake for the first smoke in my new Strambach meer. Enjoyed a nice glass of Burgundy:

View attachment 33908

View attachment 33909

Took way too much food:

View attachment 33910

Really enjoyed this particular cheese:

View attachment 33911

Followed all that with some Devil's Holiday for the first smoke in my new cobra meer by Kenan with a tasty dessert wine:

View attachment 33912

View attachment 33913

Someone stole my chair!

View attachment 33914

A good time was had by all.

78 degrees when we left the picnic site. Friggin 102 at the house when we got home.
Looks beautiful man!!
Your daughter looks like you but cute! (j/k)

• Haha
Reactions: shanez

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Two years ago my wife and I were enjoying a picnic in the mountains of Montana with a growler of fresh local ale and some nice food. I had just lit a pipe when I heard the unmistakable sounds of an irritated moose very near to us. We were at the edge of a meadow with trees around us in a place not far from where we parked the truck. My wife looked at me and we briskly but calmly walked to the truck leaving everything where it sat. Never saw the moose but it clearly knew we were there and wasn’t happy about it. After a fair bit we gathered our picnic and found a different spot several miles away to continue our picnic without our moosey companion. Good times.

It seems moose don’t like Latakia. ?
IT DETECTED THE SMELL OF ANOTHER CERVINE OR BOVINES SHIT SO IT STEERED CLEAR

• Haha
We did go out for a small drive today. This would have been normal weekend any other summer but it was the first one this summer. Most of the fun was in the drive itself - the joy of owning a convertible! We drove down to Stokes State Forest Area (About 2 hours). We had outdoor lunch at Mountain View Tavern & Grill by the lake. Then we drove up Sunrise Mountain through a narrow road in the woods and spent some time there at the view point. We wanted to visit a few more places but the restrooms were closed, so we came back. Funny that the parks are open but restroom, which is a basic human necessity during state park visits are closed!