PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I was recently posting about an old block meer I'd pulled out to smoke after years in a drawer. Nice bent billiard with acrylic stem. Thought it was a Peterson simply because of the P logo on the stem but got to thinking that nowhere on the pipe are the words Peterson or Ireland or anything close. So, researched logos and realized it was a Pioneer. The Pioneer P looks a lot like the Pete unless you pay close attention, those sneaky buggers. ;)

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I was recently posting about an old block meer I'd pulled out to smoke after years in a drawer. Nice bent billiard with acrylic stem. Thought it was a Peterson simply because of the P logo on the stem but got to thinking that nowhere on the pipe are the words Peterson or Ireland or anything close. So, researched logos and realized it was a Pioneer. The Pioneer P looks a lot like the Pete unless you pay close attention, those sneaky buggers. ;)
Yup a lot of straight pipes get mislabeled as Peterson meers on eBay because the P is very dang close to the Peterson logo, if not dang near exact.

I’ve seen some sell for high dollar and I feel really bad for the person that bought it but there’s no way to let them know.

Aug 1, 2012
In a long closed thread, because we don't like this site to be for research, I gave some tips for identifying between the two. Thanks for bringing it back. Sadly in a few months this thread will be closed and buried too so hopefully it will keep coming back so people can be informed.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.