PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
I made a visit to J.M. Boswell's in Chambersburg, PA, this afternoon. It was a 2-hour drive, but well worth it! Not only did they have their own hand-mades, but an interesting estate collection and SMS Meers. I'm gonna try to attach some pix I took with my iPhone. The place was medium-sized and beautiful, with a smoking area to boot!
I ended up buying two pipes, one a nicely-done churchwarden; they gave me two Czech pipe tools and two one-ounce tobacco samples, (Boswell's Best and Pennsylvania Dutch Treat and a couple of boxes of matches. I wish they were closer to me, but I know I'll be visiting them again.
I will try to upload the pictures later, as I'm not sure how to do that yet!

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
You are a lucky man bycath...I wish I had begun this hobby prior to my 2009 eastcoast trip, im in CA. I will have to wait a while before going back east, until then I'll keep checking their website for something else to catch my eye.
Have you tried their Bear Blend (very mild english) or Berry Cobbler (aromatic)? Two superb baccys IMHO.
I can't wait to see the pics :D I know you will enjoy your new pipes :puffy:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The only thing better than new pipes is MORE new pipes! Sounds like you had a successful day. :D

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
From my trip to Boswell's today:
boswells-1-448x600.jpg

boswells-2-448x600.jpg

boswell-warden-600x447.jpg

boswell-twist-600x448.jpg

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
@papipeguy: It took forever to settle, and I had to limit myself to two. They have some beautiful pipes! :)

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Great new additions…
I was able to stop in at Boswell's last March for the first time and was very glad that I did. They seem to treat everyone that walks in like a regular, and those that are regulars like family. I found the store to be warm and inviting, kind of like your favorite uncle's nicely finished basement. If they would have had Yuengling on tap I might not have ever left.
IMHO… The Boswell family and crew are good people and run their business the way everyone should and I look forward to my next visit.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
Good trip... Great pipes!!! I own three Boswell's and though they are heavy...for sitting at my desk they are among my favorite smokers>..

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I live even closer, bought my first Boswell last week as well. I had your twisted stem on my short pipe list, before narrowing it down to the freehand I bought. Both are beauties and I think very reasonably priced. JM recommended coming up on Saturday so smoke "with the boys". I'm a short 30 minute motorcycle ride from the shop, and am hoping to pop up there this Saturday to try some new blends.
Enjoy the new acquisitions!

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
@ JC, spot on..very nice family. Ordered 3 specialty hand mades, and went to pick them up myself. i think 2 of them are on their web page.

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
It'd be nice to go down there on a Saturday, but I have church at 4:00 PM, so I couldn't make it down. Such is life... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.