PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Long story, but that's not what our intent was. So we stopped at the second hand store to pick up the second chair. The little older black lady who my wife was talking to, asked my wife if she was a smoker. Which she is, but she pointed in my direction. The lady motioned for me and said to come over there. I walked over smirking, expecting to get the whole spiel about how bad smoking is blah blah. But she said she quit smoking not long ago.

The wife mentioned that I was a pipe smoker, and the lady proceeded to lean into me and smell me. "Oh I used to be a pipe smoker, and my dad was too. Boy do you smell good!"

Then as we were walking out we said our goodbyes, and she couldn't let me walk out without saying "boy I should come get another whiff before you go!"

Hahaha

I think the briar adds that pipey-smell. I will sometimes me smoking Escudo or some Red Cake, when folks will stop and tell me how wonderful it smells. It always surprises me, because it's not exactly a vanilla or cherry that most folks think of as crowd pleasers. And, actually... vanillas and cherrys tend to start to stink in a room after your pipe goes out. The aromatics tend to leave a distinct nasty sooty smell. Way worse than a straight Virginia or VaPer. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.