PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
Shelby township Michigan, 48315
Picked this Ben Wade 7 day set up today along with another 15 or 16 quality pipes. Been talking to the seller for weeks, his parents were hoarders and he finally found the pipes last night.

7 day set is smoked and a few were smoked hot enough to start darkening the finish but the chambers are all clean with no cake and look good with no burnouts.

gonna clean them up and smoke them, haven’t decided if I I am going to strip them and refinish or not.

Either way the price was right and I am pleased.

Attachments

• 12DF8553-214C-4FDC-8330-2B47D8463222.jpeg
    12DF8553-214C-4FDC-8330-2B47D8463222.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 64

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
How much, please, for the seven day....?

And
Please put your location in your Profile.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Picked this Ben Wade 7 day set up today along with another 15 or 16 quality pipes. Been talking to the seller for weeks, his parents were hoarders and he finally found the pipes last night.

7 day set is smoked and a few were smoked hot enough to start darkening the finish but the chambers are all clean with no cake and look good with no burnouts.

gonna clean them up and smoke them, haven’t decided if I I am going to strip them and refinish or not.

Either way the price was right and I am pleased.
Every pipe darkens, over time, when it is smoked. You can strip and refinish if you want but if you smoke them awhile, they'll darken again.

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
How much, please, for the seven day....?

And
Please put your location in your Profile.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Sorry if I mislead anyone but I plan on keeping this set for my collection. Thanks for the information on updating my account, I have added my location for future posts.

Thanks,

Patrick.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Sorry if I mislead anyone but I plan on keeping this set for my collection. Thanks for the information on updating my account, I have added my location for future posts.

Thanks,

Patrick.
I think he might have been asking what you picked them up for. Always fun to see the deals people get and the like.
Nice set, congrats!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
That set is worth the wait, nice score! What else was in the hoard?!
4 vintage unsmoked, comoy, stanwell, alpha and a danish freehand can’t remember the maker; might be a basket pipe.

A couple of savinelli punto oro and a Rochester with a twin bore stem

another Comoy

jobey

BC lumberjack

jari

2 pipes with gold plated bands can’t remember the names.

a couple more I cannot remember right now. Plus pipe stand and misc lighters, reamers a couple of pouches of borkum riff aged about 5 years

cleaned up the royal oak yesterday and it looks good but have not coated the chamber yet so it will be a while before I smoke it. Looking forward to trying out the twin bore stem to see if it lives up to the hype.

Reactions: trudger and AJL67

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
I was asking only how much you paid for the set! Whether you wish to not reveal is totally up to you.
No worries, you also commented on my location so I assumed you were interested in purchasing; bad assumption on my part. I prefer to keep the purchase price to myself plus there were several other pipes included so it’s hard to determine the actual cost for the 7 day set.

best regards,

Patrick.

Reactions: AJL67