PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
Hello gents. After many many months of hunting, I found an unsmoked Kiko Dublin African Meer on Yahoo Auctions Japan. I actually have this exact pipe that is fairly caked inside and has a huge hole on the bottom of the button. I love the way African Meers look. Their ruggedness appeals to me as I don't want to be wearing a glove when I smoke a pipe :wink:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Just wanted to show it to you meer aficionados and ask if there is anything special I can do to keep this bowl free of cake. I fold a pipe cleaner in half after every smoke and have even taken a paper towel and reamed it with that after a session. Thanking you all in advance for your tips or tricks to keep this thing neutral and free of cake.
:puffpipe:

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
That's better, and I must have missed it on IG because I don't recall seeing it.

Very nice pipe and with the blacked rim it won't matter if you scorch it or not because you won't notice. LOL Enjoy your new pipe. I'm sure its gonna smoke great.

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
Hey Gigger48, I'm probably not the person to ask. From what I've heard Turkish meers have better absorption properties. That's not to count out the africans though.
Petes03, I notice you say invest in a reamer. Is that to say that it's common place for meer smokers to have reamers for their meers because they're building up cake? I always thought that a meer wouldn't need a reamer because the cake doesn't form if you stay on top of it. I have a reamer just in case though ;)

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
I have many African meers, for me my meers seem to cake quickly, the way I wish my briars would. I use a Rodgers pipe knife to gently scrap the bowl every few smokes to keep them nice and smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.