Picked up a Tin of C&D House Reserve (Brick & Mortar)

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

Recent Posts

beezer

Preferred Member
Jul 12, 2013
Afternoon Folks,

I stopped by my local cigar shop on the way to taking my kids to tennis lessons and saw a curious C&D blend that I had never seen before -- House Reserve. I purchased it and later looked it up and saw that C&D produced them exclusively for B&Ms and made a 1,000 of them.

Has anyone tried this blend? I probably won't crack it open for a while since I've got about a dozen tins to smoke through first, but I'm excited to try it. Seems like a very unique blend.

Happy smoking my friends!

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Does that go back to the Morganton, N.C., days? C&D was there before they were bought by SP.

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Preferred Member
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I had a couple bowl's worth as a sample from my dude at the local B&M. I thought it was pretty good, but then again, that was months ago and I haven't exactly beat down the doors to buy a tin for ~$30 (local shop prices). I believe it's a VaBur with some Cavendish. If you like Windjammer, Haddo's Delight, that sort of thing, it is worth a try. Not especially strong in nicotine. I didn't smoke enough bowls to truly rate it, but I'd probably give it 3 stars on the TR scale.