PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Hoping for help from a Photobucket expert.
I just downloaded some photos to photobucket so that I could post them here on the forum. For some reason I cannot manage my photos anymore. Can't copy them to post here or delete old photos. When I move my cursor over the IMG code, or the other options the codes disappear? It says I've used 12% of my allotted storage. I was at 9% before recently adding pics.
Could it be that I have reached a point that PB is no longer free and I need to pay to use this service?
Any and all help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jim :?:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Pm me the link to your account. I have thousands of photos on my free Photobucket account.
To post a picture:

- to the right of the screen is the "Share Links" section.

- Copy the URL string in the IMG line. If you click anywhere in that box, it turns yellow and you get a "copied" message momentarily.
Paste directly into the thread.
Here's an example, I added the periods after the [ key so you can see what it looks like.
[....URL=http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/upshallfan/media/Pipes%20Gallery%20Pix/Charatan_Countryman_Gallery_zpsa7yhv0an.jpg.html]
Charatan_Countryman_Gallery_zpsa7yhv0an.jpg
[/URL]
85b59e05_o.jpeg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Thanks ss. I've posted hundred of pictures in the past doing just that. Now when I try to put my cursor over the img link to copy it it disappears and an exclamation mark inside a circle appears? If I slide up to th html link it vanishes and the img link reappears?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've found Photobucket to be a real pain in the butt to use. I've been using Imgur for the past year and am very happy with the ease of use. Now I need to transfer the 200+ pictures from PB to my Imgur account.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
ssjones I will pm you a link to my PB gallery. Hopefully it will be what you need?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Testing a picture from kjrug's gallery, all looks in order.

I chose Photobucket over the others as it has a huge limit for the free account. I have thousand or so pictures stored. I don't really have any issues and use it quite frequently.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I've found Photobucket to be a real pain in the butt to use. I've been using Imgur for the past year and am very happy with the ease of use. Now I need to transfer the 200+ pictures from PB to my Imgur account.
Totally agree. Photobucket is a pain and a thing of the past with me and I now only use Imgur.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
It appears to be working now, not sure what the issue was. I wasn't able to click on the link Al, it would disappear as soon as I moved the cursor over it?? Weird but thank you for your help. I've posted hundreds of pics using photobucket and never had this happen before.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
When Webshots went to a paid-only format, I tested every photo hosting platform (there's a thread here somewhere).

I need to store a lot of photos, all other free formats were greatly limited in this area.

I currently have 1500 photos stored, and my free storage is at 22%
Uploading and posting a picture is typically flawless.

On the recent update, the Order format (I like manually) is a little buggy but that is not a feature I use often.
Posting a photo to a forum is a one-click exercise, I like that.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I've never used anything but photobucket and I have to agree it's pretty easy to use. I have a ton of pics there too and I'm very pleased with this service to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.