PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016
Thanks bassbug! Your Sherman pic is not loading over here. Do you have Shep Paines book on armor-building?

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I don't have it, but I've heard great things about it.
I do have two of the TankArt volumes from Michael Rinaldi. Vol 1, "German Armour" and vol 2 "Allied Armour" They are fabulous books that go into detail on weathering. The photography is excellent and Rinaldi goes into a lot of detail. If you get a chance to browse through the books I would highly recommend it.
My local hobby shop owner is a friend of Michael's and has arranged for a small group demo/seminar by Michael in May. I'm really looking forward to it.
Here's a link to the Sherman https://goo.gl/photos/FnJ3MJjqpvnrJ4f58

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
fvB7QiE.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Thanks jpmcwjr! I'm moving away from photobucket.com and over to Imgur.com. Just wanted to give the process a shot. The site is about 1000 times faster than photobucket and easier to use so I think I'll make it my new photo home.
The pipe is a WDC Milano "Resino Processed". I assume that means some sort of heated oil bath to remove the resin from the wood. It is a very light pipe, but it's also had a very long time to dry out!
Here is another shot:
mLVGVR4.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
IN part trying to keep this thread noticeable until it can be linked to a sticky.
Went to Imgur to look over photos, and realized I don't remember taking this one, and I don't put other's photos into my album! Mystery.
G2gPe0U.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
Test here if ya' like!

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
Here's your picture balkisobrains
32634747613_b6de05d7b3_z_d.jpg

Here are the driections on how to share a picture from flickr:
Getting the photo URL
You can get the URL of your own images on Flickr.
Click on the photo you want to share to open it.

Click the Download icon (ie, Downward arrow)

Click View all sizes.

Select the size of photo you want.

Right-click the image | select Copy image URL or Copy image Location.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks, cabin fever. Damn! I hate it when a site makes things difficult. Haven't run across Flickr for ages, and hope I don't again! Imgur, Postimage, even photo bucket are better.

Jun 27, 2016
Thanks guys, I know how to post pics, was just trying something different that did not work.
Can't speak for imgur or post image, but Photobucket is a steaming pile of garbage as compared to Flickr.

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
My wife and I have used Photobucket for over a decade. We have thousands of photos stored there and pay $29/year for additional storage space. If there was a way to simply transfer the photos to another web host, we'd do it in a heartbeat. Photobucket sucks! We either have to keep using it or lose our photos. I suppose we could download and transfer each photo, one-by-one, but that would take weeks.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
As to main storage, I'd never use a commercial (or private) cloud. Those sites are fine for sharing photos, but not as the main storage.
I'd download them all asap and keep them on my computer, with a backup. I would certainly hope there's a way to down load bunches at a time.

Actually, from my laptop, I don't see hardly any of the pictures posted. Imjur is the worst, as I can see none of these, plus as a mod I cannot correct them. Photobucket is the easiest to use, and they all show up fine from all of my devices. yeh, I hate their pop-ups, but I only ever upload pictures of pipes, and then switch over to here, so I don't dabble around much in it. In and out, easy peasy. Give me easy to use and people being able to SEE my posts.
Honestly, I don't know why people keep suggesting imjur. You might as well just suggest they don't post any pictures.
As a moderator, I would highly suggest Photobucket. But, as an individual you are free to chose, but if you want your pictures to be seen... :wink:

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
This is the only place I belong where I cannot upload pictures directly from my computer. Well, you CAN, to your album, and I'm back to doing that as per Duane. Easy and works well enough. But I don't store pictures or anything on the cloud. Certainly not backup. No need to. Anything sent via the web is insecure, no matter what anyone tells you. I tried Photobucket and it sucked and then they spammed me to death with ads. In time I suppose I'll try Groups Io or Imgur. But just as an intermediary for posting here.
To cabinfever, never store anything anywhere you don't have backed up elsewhere. If you value those pictures and Photobucket is the only place you have them, I would get them the hell off of there.
Michael, sounds like you need your browser updated, try a different browser, or maybe some drivers updated or plug-ins installed.

I went through a whole update and trying out new browsers when pipesandcigars went offline. I still cannot see them. I am using public access wifi. In our town the internet is completely free. However, something P&C did made them impossible to find now, and I have never been able to see imjur posted pictures for as long as I have been here.

So, you can use imjur, but my guess is that everyone who use using public wifi is not able to see your pictures.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Wonder if your public wifi has a bandwidth problem?
Me, I think I'll just keep posting pictures to the album here as needed. It is a real PITA to me to use any of these photo-hosting sites--- I'm used to email based forums such as Yahoogroups where I can upload pictures to their central files or just attach them to the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.