Phillip Morris Wants Cigarettes Banned In UK By 2030?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
They will never ban cigarettes. The government would have to find a replacement for the taxes off of them.....and then they'd decide they wanted that and the cigarette taxes together.

Reactions: FurCoat
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
State/county/tribal level governments don’t have that ability and most of our tax come at those levels. Yes, many local governments still bond their way into oblivion, but that chicken does eventually come home to roost. Those levels would feel the lost revenue and want to make it up somewhere.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Yes. They will ban cigarettes. AND come out with brand new product that's as addicting and deadly as cigarettes. BUT no second hand crap so others won't bitch too much.

Reactions: JOHN72

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
This has been going around for a few days now - CNN(bunch of trouble making rabble rousers)
This is way to far down the pipe(puns are a funny thing) to worry about
I see the streets around me polluted with those Myle one time use vapes - they get run over by cars and you see the circuit with the battery oozing filthy pollution into the sewerage system
I think smokers have their plans laid out - I know I do

Reactions: Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
They will never ban cigarettes. The government would have to find a replacement for the taxes off of them.....and then they'd decide they wanted that and the cigarette taxes together.
They will always find a new source of tax revenue. How else could they afford their ten thousand dollar ice cream freezers?

Reactions: Charlie718

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
They will always find a new source of tax revenue. How else could they afford their ten thousand dollar ice cream freezers?
They don’t get those via taxation; they afford them via their “exceptional” investing acumen......... Which has nothing to do with insider information?

DangerStranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Yes. They will ban cigarettes. AND come out with brand new product that's as addicting and deadly as cigarettes. BUT no second hand crap so others won't bitch too much.
Correct. It is called IQOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: bullet08

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Phillip Morris at this juncture are positioning themselves for a vastly different tobacco environment, and a total ban on cigarettes in the UK or England is just the start of it. You better believe the boys in the boardroom have been kicking around just how they can continue to make fat stacks despite the changes. Cigarette companies are among the most greedily lethal of all big business, and in this to out perform such other greedy bastard companies such as insurance takes quite some doing.

Did you know Nestle has earned 10 billion dollars net profit for the last several years? That their CEO Ulf Schneider pulls in 10 million a year? That he makes twice as much more a day that I make in year?

Money is power. Isn't something wrong here?

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Lol. I guess they think no one notices that they make 10 mil in four years being a congressman ?
Just remember the big stink over Purdue and Loefflee dumping stocks and investing in the largest producer of body bags after their February Covid debriefing in 2020. (Which was scumbaggery on display). There was good old Nancy leading the righteous indignation. Cue almost a year later, and the hag just “happened” to invest in the energy sector after a briefing with Biden and learning of his Electric plans.
Of course, there’s also the lead up to the 2008 crash, and the Fed briefing that Congressmen (and women) received. That was dumpapalooza, whilst telling the American people “it’s all good”.

Power doesn’t corrupt, it just hilights these scumbags dirtiness. If they weren’t in Congress, they’d be stealing nickels out of a blind beggars cup.

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
PM , is Philip Morris International a public company . They sell in every market except the US. MO is Altria which owns the Philip Morris brand names and rights for the US only. PM was spun out of MO. IQOS is PM , but MO will be the US distributor / marketer . Cigs are going away . MO owns / controls JUUL.