PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
Good Morning, just a quick question that someone may be able to answer.
I believe Peterson have been "taken over"......but their tobacco is due to re-appear.

I have been putting off an order from 4 Nog's for quite a while....anyone any ideas when the date is?...I'm down to Irish Oak dust.... 8O

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I can’t wait, I want to try 3 P’s and Irish Flake so bad it hurts.
As much as I love HH ODF and, just recently, HH BK, Peterson’s Irish Flake is still first in line. Yum. I’ve one 3yo unopened tin remaining. I’ll break into it after cigar season.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm pleased with a 3-P sample sent me, and I'd order it in the future.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Both of those (3P's and Irish Flake) were on my list to try and I tried to get a hold of them before they disappeared, but I didn't act quickly enough. Been waiting for it to be released again to pick up some myself.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I'm pleased with a 3-P sample sent me, and I'd order it in the future.
I’m dying to try 3P myself! Meant to put that in my post, above.
*cheers*
PS: It’d be a pleasure to get together and smoke a bowl or two with you, Mso. Really, most anyone from this forum.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
Haven't heard a thing and April is running out! I've been saving a coupon specifically for the Peterson release.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Tell ya what, mtwaller, I’ll stop by my ‘local’ B&M and if they’ve got any PIF (or 3P) I’ll buy a tin for you and mail it to you. No $. I kind of think they’d be out, but if they aren’t you’re in luck.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
diamondback, I don’t know what to say. I’m not sure what I’ve done to merit such a generous offer, and I’m typically very bad at accepting gifts, but if you do come across some I suppose I would have to graciously accept. I’m afraid I haven’t much to offer in return, I have no cellar of aged tobaccos or anything like that. I’m not sure if you put any of your blends into jars, but I’d be happy to hand make some calligraphy labels for your cellar, if such a thing is of any interest to you.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Mtwaller, don’t sweat it! If we Brothers of the Briar can’t do one another a solid now and again, what’s the world come to? I thought about calling them, but I’m dropping by anyway and I don’t want to spoil any surprises for myself.
Secondly, I apologize for posting this on the forum. It comes across like I’m trying to get brownie points and have put you on the spot to boot - neither of which I had intended. Next time something like this comes up, I’ll send a private message.
*cheers*
Oh and thank you! Much to the wife’s chagrin, *my* closet is stacked with mason jars and ammunition. I mean, it’s my freaking closet! “All your suits are gonna smell like tobacco, and so forth.”

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
No worries at all, I wouldn’t dream of it and I’m not offended in the slightest. If I can offer anything in return you have but to ask.

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
Some of the U.K. shops still have stock of lots of Peterson baccy.............interesting to note that "mysmokingshop" has it listed as Irish Cask...formally Irish Oak.....hope there's no change to the recipe.... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.