Not open for further replies.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
This just sprung up on an auction site:

141926798_1.jpg

There are bigger and more pictures on here:

http://www.tradera.com/antik-pipebriars-by-petersonl-ca-17-cm--auktion_294206_153292948
Thing is I've never seen or heard of Peterson making Tyrolean style pipes. If I saw just the pipe I would probably guess that it was a Bruyere Garantie. I can't see any Peterson markings on the pipe from the pictures which leaves me wondering if it could be a different pipe that was just put in a Peterson box.
Is anyone familiar with Peterson having made this kind of pipes in the past?

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thats a new one for me. I'd need to see a Peterson stamp on the pipe to believe it, but it looks like the box is big enough to hold it.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I dunno man, I have never heard of the before, I dont see a peterson stamp on the pipe, and I cant really tell if its even briar, the grain looks a bit off to me

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Not a Peterson Pipe, just a tourists Tyrolean pipe in a Peterson Box, I have collected Petersons for over 40 years and can assure you that this has never been part of their range.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
Thanks for all the input! Now that you've all but confirmed my suspicions I've sent a message to the seller explaining the mistake. :)
I agree...does this look like a Peterson pipe? This is a scam...

I don't think it's a scam, more likely someone who inherited or by other means acquired the box with the pipe inside and without knowing anything about pipes simply assumed it was the pipe belonging to the box. Maybe I'm too naive. :)
edit: you beat me to it, lonestar :P

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
If I found a box that said Super Sally Doll, and there was a doll inside, I'd assume the doll was Super Sally. I figure a doll collector that found a box with Peterson Briar Pipe would assume the pipe inside was a Peterson :D

They probably dont know a thing about pipes.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I'm no expert on Peterson pipes, but I've never seen a Pete like that in my years of selling pipes. I would say it's an uninformed seller myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.