PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I've got a fair number of tins of Peterson University Flake and several of the oldest are more of a rectangle shape and smaller than ones that came later. Of course, I didn't mark the dates on them so I'm wondering if any forum members remember when Peterson switched tobacco can shape and size. I've had them for a while but a starting point would be nice.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Also in the size of the Irish Flakes - they are the same size as UF now. I sort of liked the small tins.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Seems those went out when Murray quit making it in the summer of 2005,
I had wondered about that myself, Roth. You might know that the same thing happened to Dunhill Flake, formerly Light Flake. The tin I have open now, from 2007, is the same size as the old Uni Flake tins. The newer ones are closer to square than rectangular, as are the UF tins.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It seems that everyone who used to make the rectangular tins has switched over to the square ones. I actually liked the older ones for their size difference, but I like how the flakes are in comparison with the new square ones. They are not jammed in and they are much easier to get at. My old tins of FT CVP the tobacco was glued together and it was a pain getting the flakes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.